Festival of Fireworks - Catton Hall - 1st September 2018

Discussion in 'Firework Events And Displays' started by Dynamic Fireworks, Apr 5, 2018.

1. PyroAsh

PyroAsh Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Jubilee fireworks short opening display.

Billy Brutal and Dan162310 like this.
  2. Brilliant. Just bloody marvellous. Shells seemed closer and higher. :):):)

And out in record time. :):):)

Same again tomorrow???

3. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

You can come and clear up if you want:)

4. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

A wonderful night the displays were all fantastic especially Bright Sparks and Jubillee. The special opening was awesome with Maroons and Hummers probably worth the admission money alone. I have been fortunate to have attended all twenty of these Fantastic events and have seen some amazing displays but last night the bar was raised even higher. Many thanks to all of the teams and organisers whose very hard work make this event possible.

Exbombhead and Dan162310 like this.
  5. beeney

beeney Pro Firer/Crew

here was our view from the front, sadly the camera just could not keep up with the brightness of some of the products
    normally i don't have to many problems

6. This was my view this morning at 7.30 am:beam: we all had a great weekend.
    IMG_2232.jpg IMG_2230.jpg IMG_2232.jpg

7. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

It was a great event, hospitality was second to none, more rocky road please;) good buzz between crews and a beautiful day to set up and de rig, what more can you ask for:)

8. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Georgeh, beeney, elmo and 1 other person like this.
  9. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Totally agree, awesome hospitality from jubilee
    The rocky road and shortbread was delicious :)

10. beeney

beeney Pro Firer/Crew

:D that chocolate brownie was also very very nice.... Rich, moist, and very heavy on the old belly after a couple of slices!

11. Exbombhead

Exbombhead Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I take it you guys had a quiet one and an early night then?

Not sure what happened up our end, I had full bottles Rum and Tawny port last night......woke up this morning and someone had emptied them and managed to give me a stinking headache at the same time!!! Very weird ;)

Billy Brutal, Georgeh, elmo and 4 others like this.
  12. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Wasn't me was very nice though.

Georgeh and Exbombhead like this.
  13. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Same person bloody well came to our camp and drink all our Budweisers:rolleyes:

14. Good job I wasn't there or I would be getting the blame :whistle:lol

15. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks British Firework Champions 2018 UKFR Sponsor

We had a bit of a team outing after persuading some of the crew to look after bookings last night, I had a great time and we timed it just right for the loading of the 16" shell (which was not quite as impressive as the beautiful Hamex 300mm shell!).

Outstanding displays from all involved and great to see so many faces from the industry, its another one of the UK firework Mecca's!

Well done Jubilee :)

16. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

We blamed you anyway ;)

17. Pmsl you might as well, im getting blamed for everything currently :cool:

18. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Out of interest, talking about shell distances, I think it worked well. The 3's appeared behind cakes and mines - creating a second layer of depth - a compromise that worked well for the most part. Everything over 3" appeared above as you would expect (at least that was my guess on calibres).
    I measured the distance on Google earth, and assuming the shells were not far behind the tree line then they were around 250m back from near the front of the audience)

19. PyroAsh

PyroAsh Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Never been to that site before. I kinda liked the layered effect created by having the shells behind the tree line. I know it sounds daft but it made it seem sort of more 3D :p

Cheeky Boy 61 likes this.
  20. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks British Firework Champions 2018 UKFR Sponsor

The risk is you lose shells to closer effects but a good designer takes that into consideration, ie. you wouldn't bother firing 75mm brocade shells behind 30mm brocade cakes as you will not see the shells through the cake effects.