few bits of my collection

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by ashley_ng, Jul 5, 2014.

1. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Hi,
    Just a few pics showing some bits of my collection that I've got so far :) will be adding more pics throughout the year :) not as old as other peoples pyro from there collection but some of my favourite pieces.

IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG

2. Thats a nice collection many of these i remember very well. Those stealth bombers and proton bombs was my favs!

3. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Some good stuff there :) I wouldn't have the willpower not to let those airbombs off though!

Gazfire1983 likes this.
  4. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Got a few spare packs of each of the air bombs and mini rockets Pete, got some of the bigger rockets aswell for bonfire night to test them out :p

5. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Couple other bits I dug out today :)
    IMG_0357.JPG

Sparkler and Pyro Pete like this.
  6. Sparkler

Sparkler Supports UKFR

Seeing that Golden lion twitter glitter reminded me of how noisy they were, it looked like a nice quiet innocent cake but that thing was loud

7. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Been down to a mate of mine today to pick up some of my old bits to take some pictures :) a lot of this is going to be fired over halloween/bonfire night :) image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. Nice. Few little bits there I wouldn't mind myself

9. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

What takes your fancy mate ;)

10. Astra star detonator, cubby roars & devils delight, fireworks direct sonic boom single & cake, cosmic UFO & sky storm candles, sonic boom mine, single atom bomb, Star Wars candle.

11. BigBangJayB

BigBangJayB Pro Firer/Crew

I'm drooling at my pc monitor here lol, some of my absolute favs there, Cosmic mega air bombs, and the ufo rockets to be precise. Think i need to get into collecting this old school cosmic dynasty golden lion etc.. before it all disappears. Dont know about you @ashley_ng but , i would be sat there touching them and smelling them all the time :rolleyes:. I dont know maybe its just me and fireworks, but was just something about them brands that just did it for me i can't explain it to be honest. I think it was the names and the artwork in particular, or maybe it was the captain cosmic malarkey, he was basically my idol as a kid lol. i use to always look forward the good old selection boxes and random items of mismatch my mum use to bring home for us to enjoy, oh the memories.

ashley_ng likes this.
  12. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

There's a lot on there that I want too, and last year when I was richer would of paid very good money for indeed! In particular the Astra atom bombs, cosmic mega air bombs to name just a couple

13. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Lol always loved the cosmic/cosmic group brand, grew up around a lot of cosmic, brightstar & panda which brings back a lot of memories when I look at bits of my collection, the ufo rockets are extremely loud for the size of them! Fired a couple the other day as I had a few singles as well as the 2 packs :) also fired a mega airbomb & atom bomb, was nice to see something as loud and powerful as them again after all these years :) lol

14. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

Where are you based Ash? Haha

The stand out things on there for me are;

- Astra atom bomb
    - Bright star air bomb
    - one or two rocket packs

Nice going!

15. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Based in Nottingham :) what are the rocket packs you mention?:)

16. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

@ashley_ng The bat out of hell rockets, the panda lucky stars (i remember having them when i was younger) and the banshee thunder :)

South wales here - far away

17. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

@kamikersie galactic fireworks still have the banshee thunder and bat out of hell rockets available :) rotherham fireworks have panda lucky stars :) but very far from where you are located lol

18. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

@ashley_ng do you mean in store at galactic? They are not online.... I was going to order the bat out of hell but when i got round to it they had all been sold!

Its not fair.... All fireworks seem to originate from yorkshire way and most of the stuff is up there too Lol!

19. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

@kamikersie nigel did have the bats out of hell on his website but I remember him saying he's taking them off and selling them at £5 for 2 packs in store, if I had a way of getting a couple of packs too you I would have sent you some :)

20. kamikersie

kamikersie Supports UKFR

My only option is to finish my Msc and move to yorkshire lol

pyro_man likes this.