Cake/Barrage Firework king 'Doomsday'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Brands' started by Chrisy3333, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Also new this year.

My local retailer selling for £45. Not seen many better barrages for less than 50 quid.

Lookin forward to setting off when i get my stash this weekend.

Zotic Fireworks and K9Girl like this.
  2. ianw

ianw Pro Firer/Crew

Too many effects for my liking....

3. Comes down to personal preference i think. I perfer more effects rather than the same effect over and over.

4. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

£45 - nothing wrong with that.

K9Girl likes this.
  5. Tiltman

Tiltman Supports UKFR

hmmm, interesting. £25 locally!

zephieish likes this.
  6. Duskyfuse

Duskyfuse Supports UKFR

It makes it even better than Bright Stars Wrath of the Gods which is also a worthwhile buy at £24.99 from The Range. They both offer a similar amount of shots, Would be interesting to compare powder weights. I must say Doomsday is tempting if you didn't have to purchase a pair of them!

7. Tiltman

Tiltman Supports UKFR

look at Explosive then on same deal. I think it looks the pick of them. One of each? I'm going to have a poke around at lunchtime today!

Vivid Pyrotechnics likes this.
  8. So i let my Doomsday off on Saturday night. Was a little disappinted to be honest, it fired much slower than the video shows, sometimes a delay of 1-2 seconds between shots. The total duration ended up at nearly 2 minutes which although was good from one point of view, i can't help but wonder how much more impressive it would have been if fired quicker.

Was very loud though!

9. Mog

Mog Supports UKFR

just seen a video of fired by a local seasonal on Facebook. not the best video but looks ok

10. Duskyfuse

Duskyfuse Supports UKFR

Did you notice the NEC weight on it?

11. Ah yes, i should have mentioned that in my last post.

It's 689g ;)

12. Duskyfuse

Duskyfuse Supports UKFR

Bright Stars Wrath of the Gods is 540.1g so out of the two it does indeed look like Firework King's Doomsday comes out on top. I must say that for those with lower budgets Firework King have some mega 1.4 stuff for not a lot of money, I'm impressed.

Chrisy3333 likes this.