Fireworks from the past

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Andy_P, Mar 17, 2010.

1. who are stanfards ? i thought witches cauldron , where made by pains !

2. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Sorry, 'Standard'. This was a large Standard fountain. Pain's probably had one too.

3. I don't think ive seen a standard witches cauldron , ive they did make a firework called that , it must 90s ,2000s .
    god I must be getting old ! lol

4. E3786D27-8FB2-4397-83B4-6FCB94F103E1.jpeg Could it be this one, made by Standard when they still used the Brock’s name ? Or perhaps just before they bought Brock’s.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 4:30 PM
  5. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

It was originally a brocks fountain continued by standard up to the early 90s as they did with most of the old brocks from Scotland, they still used the letter coding on the items as well as standards items were always size number coded, yes this design of that witches cauldron was an original brocks design from their Scottish factory, after the early 90s they replaced the brocks items with the crappy imports.

6. ok chaps . so on the label it says brocks , so really it was a brocks firework , but assembled by standard , when they bought brocks out . that's why I never
    remembered it as a standard firework . a bit like black cat buying standard out , only standard on the label , not genuine standard ,
    god I need to shut up ! lol.

Peter Mackett, Tinderbox and fozzboy like this.
  7. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Nah Steve, you're a nerd, like all of us...Keep talking!

8. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

The Chinese replacement label isn't a scratch on the original.I haven't seen the new one in action but i bet my life it's a charcoal whisp with little microstars and most likely loads of crackle...
    [​IMG]

9. 2AE617FC-62F8-42D6-B4DC-DDD7FBA63D4A.jpeg
    It wasn’t, it was Brock’s from their Amazing range about 1984, basically the large Glittering Cascade/Christmas Tree/Atomic Fury (Wilder’s) only with a different label. Bought this at the time and never had another.

10. So it was red and silver. I’m losing my memory, could have sworn it was green....

11. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Lovely description of effects. Too few fireworks have imaginative or even just actual descriptions of effects. Me likey likey.

Clarenicky and Jamie Thornton like this.
  12. There is some nice fireworks in that photo, the witches cauldron of that period doesn't do it for me , im a bit old fashioned I think . not my period in life .

Clarenicky likes this.
  13. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

If it's got blue touchpaper - I like it.

14. Same here, I only kept it because it was an uncommon label but it’s really the same firework as the others I mentioned. Anything after about 1977 is too modern for me. I think I got it with the Continental Vesuvius

standard steve likes this.