Fireworks that are gone but not forgotten

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by POB's Pyro, Apr 18, 2017.

1. I'm too young to have appreciated many of the historic fireworks posted here, but there are still some fireworks that I occasionally remember that put a smile on my face. One that I came across in an old brochure recently is Chariots of Fire by Planet. When I turned 18 in 2006 and had my first proper job I naturally looked at the most expensive firework I could find and Chariots of Fire was it with an eye watering £115 price tag back then. That's about £150 inflation adjusted, so I guess quite cheap compared to some modern compound cakes, but alas back then I didn't have enough pay cheques to justify spending that much, and I regret never getting one (though I did end up getting a decent Standard Firestorm selection box).

I did at least watch the video a 100 times hoping to one day take a step up from the supermarket fireworks my parents always used to get. Anyway here's the only video I can find of Chariots of Fire (not sure what happens at the end):

I don't think there's anything quite like this firework now?

One great firework my parents did at least get year on year is the Banshee Thunder Rockets. That screaming tail, the pause and then bang brings back a lot of nostaglia:

Anyway, what other fireworks that are no longer available do people miss now and again?

P.S. I still have 2 packs of Banshee Thunder rockets, but not sure if there will ever be an occasion when I want to use them, as when they're gone they're gone!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Are those banshee screacher rockets blue & kinda small? my boyfriend gets like, loadsssss of them every year lol there sooo loud & scarey aswell!!

Air Bomb King likes this.
  3. I still have plenty of banshee rockets.
    They are one of my favorites.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

If anyone ever finds one that they don't want, I've always wanted a traffic light. Don't know who made them but it's my first memory of lighting fireworks with the old man in the mid 80's

POB's Pyro likes this.
  5. Standard

Charlie likes this.
  6. I miss all the banned stuff!

Also, the Golden Lion brand.

MatthewF40 and POB's Pyro like this.
  7. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Triple H Bomb, Lake of Sapphires, Red Glistening Stars, Laser Beam Weapons :)

And "character building" sparklers before the easy light tips.

8. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Brothers Night Vision. - I wish someone would bring that back.

Alan, Jinn Kyja and POB's Pyro like this.
  9. I only ever had the Devils Wraith mines but they were very well received:

geoff and ashley_ng like this.
  10. That was a low noise beauty. I can only assume it didn’t sell well enough. Brothers still do Tri-Fawkes which has a section of it in the middle but no good if you want all low noise:

Maybe worth a 2018 shoutout to @Celtic Fireworks to add a z-fIring rainbow coloured pearl cake to their lovely low noise retail range. Would be nice to call it Garden of Delight but that might bring with it copyright infringement with a German band called Celtic Rock!

hofnerite likes this.
  11. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

These are great mines still have 2 packs left :)

12. Planet Fireworks have Night Tracer apparently, but I've never seen one. I'd rather have Night Vision back too, for the full range of colours.

hofnerite likes this.
  13. hofnerite

Don't think there's a CE version though :(

14. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

Can't beat the Banshee Thunders and the other old screech/bang rockets!

20171008_140430.jpg IMG_1202.JPG

15. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Mega airbomb!!

Blue devil, geoff and Joe Ciabatti like this.
  16. I forgot Celtic do already do Go Go Go which is a Z-firing colourful cake but it is about 3 times the price of Night Vision (in today's prices) presumably as it has glitter mines and crackles as well:

17. hofnerite

Yes, lovely cake, I've got one ordered for GFN but would love to see just a comet version and maybe smaller.

POB's Pyro likes this.
  18. hofnerite

Yes, lovely cake, I've got one ordered for GFN but would love to see just a comet version and maybe smaller.

Billy Brutal likes this.
  19. Billy Brutal

Billy Brutal Senior Supermarket Unboxer Supports UKFR

It would be great if someone could bring back the 'Sky Painter' that used to be available from Sandling Fireworks.

hofnerite likes this.
  20. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

Few more odds and ends from the early 2000's :cool:

IMG_1168.JPG IMG_1569.JPG IMG_1396.JPG 20171006_154700.jpg 20171006_154733.jpg IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1394.JPG RED DRAGON Crystal.JPG RED DRAGON Crystal contents.JPG STANDARD Final Fantasy contents.JPG STANDARD Final Fantasy contents2.JPG