Firing System Battery Voltage

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by deans6571, Mar 25, 2019.

1. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

So as the weather was so nice yesterday, thought I'd take out my recently acquired SuperbFire 32 Cue system and have a quick play.....

[​IMG]

Connected up the enclosed battery:

[​IMG]

, which instantly showed a charge of:

[​IMG]

I don't yet have a charger to charge this up (will be buying one soon) but just wondered - what should this show for a fully charged battery? Is the above '12.5' showing a high or low level of charge?

I also connected up 2 igniters to test - one was a consumer match igniter and the other was an electric match igniter, which both fired from the remote when I was about 20 metres away (other end of the garden - I can also just about get up to 25 metres away if need be).

Regarding the consumer match igniter, I wasn't totally convinced that this would light a cake viscos when connected to the igniter as obviously, the viscos goes through one hole of the consumer match igniter and out the other - doesn't appear that there would be enough surface of the visocs actually visible in the igniter for the resultant flame to catch but I guess, the only way to be sure would be to test several of these....

Thoughts...

2. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

3. K9Girl

K9Girl Batteries not included Supports UKFR

The only way to find out............... and to quote GI Jane 'Blow some shit up' :):):p

deans6571 likes this.
  4. K9Girl

Was that the AA's or SLA battery? (I can only view the 3rd pic)

5. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

......that was the SLA battery!!

Quite impressed with the system really - the remote reaches the system from one end of my garden to the other without the extension pole you gave me, but always good to have, too!
    :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    K9Girl likes this.
  6. is there an equivalent chart for 6v sla's ?

7. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

@Wireless Pyro Solutions Can I also ask - will cues fire ok (with a fully charged battery) if you are firing cakes, say 10 to 15 seconds apart (i.e. I press cue 1 and then 10 seconds later press cue 2 and then another 10 seconds I press cue 3 and so on but with say 20 second intervals on all 32 cues) ?

8. K9Girl

I used all 32 each year without issue, some had long wires, the shortest were 5m, longest 2 x 2 :)

deans6571 likes this.
  9. @deans6571 Yes, firing systems generally have enough battery capacity to fire multiple shows from one charge. The actual power used during firing is small as the current is drawn only for a fraction of second for e-matches. That 14Ah battery you have there will fire thousands of e-matches from single charge (neglecting the stand-by draw from firing system).

deans6571 likes this.
  10. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

...nice one, much appreciated.
    :):)

11. Oversealpyro

Oversealpyro Supports UKFR

Used a pyromate system that has internal x2 12v 2 ah converts to 24v fired over 328 cues in 17min with some good cable length of 800ft
    impressed :nicesystem:

12. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

If you consider that a standard igniter will fire with 500mA for 25ms then work out how many (few) amp hours that is, self discharge and the indicator lights use a lot more power than firing the cues.