firing system from china

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Michael96, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

got gifted from a friend a firing system not sure if its any good does anyone know about them or has used them before. he bought it but never used it

120 Cues Fireworks Firing System Remote Control Multifunctional Show New Year is the name that came on the paper i googled the name and found a listing on ebay for it

[​IMG]

2. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

120 AA Batteries required! :eek:

They are OK starter units and work well. Keep them dry though as they really don't like rain.

Rookwood likes this.
  3. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

i wont be needing that many ques haha but i did bulk buy batteries :D i got like 150 AA batteries for 15£ Duracell ones aswell

Rookwood likes this.
  4. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

whats a good way of testing ques without wasting ematches?

5. I have one, it never let me down till nye last year which I believe was down to some of the batterys not changed from the year before, always remember to remove the batterys before storing it.

6. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

yes i do that with most things anyway

7. I forgot :( and got the fresh batterys mixed up with new ones

8. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

PyroBoris, Rookwood and K9Girl like this.
  9. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

10. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Both wires, it's a bulb. Insert in place of an igniter:

bulb-tester.jpg

Done Fettling likes this.
  11. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

Do you test with bulbs every time you go to use the ques and thanks for the image ill get some of these

12. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

No, usually just to check each unit initially and familiarise yourself with how it works. Here's a better shot of one in a 4 cue unit that I was playing around with at the weekend:

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 21.20.53.png

Duskyfuse likes this.
  13. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

Ah ok thanks for that i will have to give it ago this year I used to have just a 4 que one with a small remote so ill have to get used to the bigger one haha

14. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Do they actually have wires sticking out of the bottom? It's not clear to me from the eBay link :).

15. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

I think they are like the old Christmas tree light bulbs where you can bend the wires to replace the plastic

16. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

@blackbat you have to fold them out and then snip one part so you can extend them. I'll take a photo, hang on a sec...

blackbat likes this.
  17. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

OK so they come as shown on the left, you just bend the wires down (middle). If not long enough for your terminals then snip one part of each side to make the wire longer. BTW thanks to @Dodgey who first posted this Ebay link :)

(Fixed image to show correct terminal being cut on bulb:)

IMG_20201013_075822527.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  18. Michael96

Michael96 Supports UKFR

For the last bulb do I need to cut them and join them together?

19. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Many thanks, Pete :)

20. From @Pyro Pete last photo - I would suggest stopping at second stage as at third stage you might break the wrong wire.

Michael96 likes this.