First time problems

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Dafydd, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:34 AM.

1. Picked up a 4 cue system from wireless fireworks and e matches. I've probably gone though 20 of then now and can't seem to ignite visco consistently. Anyone have any tips?

2. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

What type of ignitor do you mean? Clip on Talon, or the consumer e-match?

3. Cut the visco at an angle so you expose some of the powder inside, then push it into the head of the ematch then tape around it and it should go then :)

4. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

5. Consumer e match.

6. Cheers guys, I think I'll do e match into the first tube then. Just don't feel confident that they will consistently light the visco. I'll have to experiment when I have more time.

Lazarus1258 likes this.
  7. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

I would assume the problems are down to the flame not getting through the protective sleeve of the visco? Either that or the visco is damaged so does ignite but then goes out? My first suggestion would be to expose some of the powder in the fuse as said above. Secondly, going into the first tube is an option, but you'd hope the whole point of the consumer ematch is to avoid that. There are quite a few consumer ematch users here so hopefully they can advise more.

8. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Best way to light visco with a ematch is to wrap it in tapematch with the ematch head. The heat created by the tapematch has no problem igniting it. Well worth a few quid for a roll.

9. Yeah it'll just char the visco but fail to ignite it. Visco is new bought some when I ordered the e match to test them out. I've got a few more spare igniters so I'll have a play with them today with your suggestions and see how it goes and probably order some tapematch for next year.

10. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Let us know how you get on please and what works - it's a question I've seen asked a few times over the years.

11. Didn't have chance to do testing today unfortunately. Just did straight into the tube. Got some more e match arriving tomorrow so will be testing next week.

K9Girl and Pyro Pete like this.
  12. Take the visco and twist it backward to the direction it’s wound. This opens it up. Insert the igniter and then tape it all up.

13. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

100% THIS^^^

I just snipped the ends off my visco (to expose the powder inside) and connected to the ematch via an ematch connector - I had 100% ignition on the ones that didn't go into the tubes.
    ;)