flame projectors

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by mike frost, Jan 8, 2018.

1. mike frost

mike frost Pro Firer/Crew

Has anybody modded any of the cheap Chinese flame protectors to fire from a firing system instead of dmx?

2. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

Lots depends on what your flame projectors look like inside. Sometimes they have the opportunity to switch by +12v, sometimes they will fire immediately when suitably switched and fed bursts of mains.

Have a look at bigclivedotcom on youtube -they fall well inside his comfort zone.

do this in someone else's house!

The down side of going from a firing system is that you will only get very short pulses -maybe not enough to fully form the flame. Look for a small DMX controller, either program some flame patterns or get a controller with lots of flash buttons so that you can play the keypad to make the patterns that the show needs.

How many flame projectors do you plan to use?

3. mike frost

Its just ideas at the moment I did some single shot work for a race event finish line as a car crossed shot went up so need it to be triggerable by me watching the car cross the line and hitting a button, wanted to change it up this year so was thinking flame progector bit cant get cables accross to the inside of the track, might just keep in simple and go for stage 0.5 second gerbs instead

4. hofnerite

hofnerite Supports UKFR

I'd just get the cheapest DMX controller and fire it using a timecode from the fireworks script.

[EDIT, just read your latest post] or Chauvet do a DMX over wireless module for about £100 that means you won't need cables.

5. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

Do you own the flame projectors? If not what about hiring a G-flame and Galaxisis controller for the event.

Pyromania likes this.
  6. mike frost

No I don't ill look into that cheers

7. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

What @luke said - try Aardvark FX or Just FX, both have hire stock. :)

8. mike frost

Have done and looks to be just the solution cheers

9. Have a chat with jubilee mate I’m sure they hire them out @mike frost

mike frost likes this.