Furze ....

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by gareth71, Aug 14, 2017.

1. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

... is back :).

This time he's celebrating 5 million subscribers.

beeney, deans6571 and pablo like this.
  2. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Nice use of BS Pyro there. ;)

pablo likes this.
  3. abigman

abigman Pro Firer/Crew

Awesome - gotta love the PPE !

4. He's so not right, in so many ways. Love it. :cool:

5. Hes a nutter, but we all love to watch him and what he does :)

6. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

He's back at Epic Fireworks, sorting himself out for his 7-million-subscriber celebration video. Intriguing ...

7. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

.....a few boxes?! Nutter....!!
    :D

8. I was wondering when this video was going to appear as he has had 7 million subscribers for a little while now. Let's see what mad idea he comes up with this time!

9. Feckin' brilliant! :p

10. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I struggle a bit with this guy. Is it just me or does he come across as a bit of a pillock. What he does is not the issue, it how he presents himself.

Personal taste I suppose....

11. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

I agree to an extent @paul s - He's a very clever bloke, highly skilled but these firework stunts leave me cringing a bit. Doesn't do the industry any favours, especially when there's a rabid anti-firework minority watching his every move and a bunch of kids who worship him wanting to do similar and egging him on to go further each time.

12. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

Have to agree, and disagree. Clever in some ways but daft in others.
    Has some very good tips and tricks on fabricational stuff, then uses a lathe to get a "nice" fit with a pair of vernier calipers! That makes me cringe!
    Likewise with the firework stuff, nowt wrong with a big mushroom or 500 rockets at once, but a bike with them all strapped to it? i expect to see that somewhere abroad not from a suposd clever british man?

Jon and Ozzieuk like this.
  13. Ozzieuk

Ozzieuk Pro Firer/Crew

Great fabricator,engineer and builder.
    I find a lot of his videos a great watch and have borrowed a few design ideas from them.
    The pyro stuff always makes me wonder how much crap Epic would be in if this guy hurt himself or worse died.
    I will admit I find the pyro ones entertaining and I’m always glad he doesn’t get injured.
    But how does a responsible person show or let any young ones watch them. Laugh and then go don’t ever copy it.
    That said I will be intrigued to see what he’s doing with that pallet load. :)

14. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

That made me smile, I know the feeling. 90% of YouTubers are just showing people their methods because they don't know any better.

I see this alot in electronics youtubers who are kids showing off what they know and largely it's ok to a point but then when so many others take every word and believe it as gospel you end up with lots of false information flowing around the net. In saying that I think it can be really positive if kids see it and think ' Oh that looks fun I want to be engineer', good on them, but when you have others peddling physics they don't understand and acting like they can teach it.....that annoys me lol. Know your stuff and only 'teach' what you know.....hence the guy using calipers....i hope he never meets a micrometre! :p

Da Main Mouse likes this.
  15. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

I guess you just have to think of the "Colin Furze" in the videos as a character, rather than the real person. While I can't imagine he's the most serious and sombre person if you were to meet him in real life, no-one can be quite so gung-ho as he comes across in the videos and survive as long as he has!

And while the videos he posts are clearly meant as entertainment, pure and simple, there will of course be the minority of viewers who don't have sufficient brain cells to separate it from real life and who think they're serious instructional videos o_O

16. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

An entertaining video does not take you through the maths to build a jet engine....
    So there I think we agree that it shouldnt be peddled as gospel.

17. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Here it is, 7m subscribers:)

deans6571, Pyro Pete and scoops like this.
  18. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

:p wtf, so many:eek: moments and obvious breaches in human sense of self preservation... And what kinda engineer thinks a strap around the outside of a box made up of individual boxes would keep them in place, seen that coming!
    Nice effect though:rolleyes:

Dayle Ward likes this.
  19. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

Who let him loose in a hangar full of... is that the wingtip of a Mk26b, a C150 and something with a Gipsy Major.