Fuse Types - Quick Pink Visco

Discussion in 'Fusing Guides, Video And Tutorials' started by Illusion Fireworks, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks Pro Firer/Crew

Quick Pink Visco

058-0128.jpg

Possibly the fastest Visco fuse I have ever seen! Very easy to light and burns very hot and fast!

Great for fans of candles or quickly getting more than one firework lit at once, particularly ideal for mass rocket launches.

Burn rate: 1ft/s
    Classification: 1.4g

Quick Pink Visco burning:

2. Signum

Signum Pro Firer/Crew

Okay so here's a question for ya - in QM there is strands of black match yes?

On there own, a strand of black match burns slower than pink visco looking at your video's - so if you put strands of pink visco in a QM tube instead of the black match - would you end up with some sort of 'Super Match'?

(You heard it here first lol)

3. Illusion Fireworks

No mate, the composition in fast visco is a very fast burning mixture (something like 60% BP 40% Flash powder) its is still protected by the fuse braid, so would have no effect on the burn speed :)

4. Signum

Signum Pro Firer/Crew

So is Black Match effectively Visco without a nice wound outer?

5. Illusion Fireworks

No black match is cotton drawn through a slurry of blackpowder and binder, visco is finely granulated blackpowder entwined into the core of a braid :)

6. Signum

Signum Pro Firer/Crew

Mate your a fountain of knowledge .... (kept it topical :))

7. Illusion Fireworks

All that dabbling paid off, really got to grips with the inner workings of pyro :)

8. So blackmatch is inside out visco and vice versa?

9. Illusion Fireworks

Kind of but no!

Totally different :)

Visco is finely granulated powder so its chunky not dusty, I think its aided with a metal powder too, its a really complicated procedure!

Blackmatch is just string soaked in blackpowder slurry.

10. Illusion Fireworks

11. UGE

UGE

not looked at the link Chief but if there is a metal i would think its aluminium powder