1. Hi Guys

Im starting with a new company and they are using Galaxis gear (more specifically Galaxis 2) but I can't seem to find any manual or related information on the internet and all showtechnik sites seem to be shut down. I'm relatively newer, so any information on where to go to get started familiarizing myself with this gear and sofware until I can physically get my hands on it soon will be helpful. Just throwing it out there. Thanks for your time.

-Rosie

2. Hi Rosie,

I'm George from Aardvark FX, we are the largest world-wide distributor of Galaxis outside of Germany.

Glad to hear you are getting your hands on some Galaxis kit, I hope you enjoy using it! :)

I can assure you that the websites are not shut down and Galaxis is still trading as normal.

The manuals are no longer available online I'm afraid, however, if you speak with Peter who is our representative in USA he will be able to help you.

Have a look at our USA website here; https://aardvarkvulcanfx.us/

If you still have any issues then head over to our UK site and drop us a message on there: www.aarvarkfx.com

Thank you,

3. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Thanks for the info George (but contact me regarding becoming a Sponsor if you wish to post any further plugs here).

ROSEANNA M Capuano likes this.
  4. Around the world why do we have to buy thru aardvark so to speak. We get invoiced from Germany and Aardvark gets a cut for doing SFA when we spend mega Euro's. Cut out the middleman and give the customers some discount?

5. Todge2

Todge2 Pro Firer/Crew

Hope this helps :)

Attached Files:

ROSEANNA M Capuano and Pyro Pete like this.
  6. Thanks everyone. Helpful information! I actually did manage to find the User Manual and some additional info after some more searching (or at least for the PFC Advanced) Appreciate the quick response. Also, Hi Pete! I guess I should have figured you'd be a moderator or not miss a trick! ;) see ya soon.

7. Hi all,
    Apologies didn't intend to try and plug as such, was more looking to spread the correct information and give people the channels to contact us as necessary.

You don't have to go through Aardvark FX, each country will have it's own distributor, it wouldn't be right for me to go into detail on here about each, don't want to get into trouble! ;)

The price is the same across the world whether you go to a distributor or direct to Galaxis, there are no discounts for anyone. Personally, I think this is a fair policy, it supports small customers and big customers the same. I hate all the hassle you have with discount policies, one customer could be on different to another then one finds out and it all gets messy. This policy is set by Galaxis themselves and is strictly enforced to all distributors.

The manuals are due to be updated soon, so if there is anything missing please feel free to get in touch and I will do my best to help.

8. wilkins1kc

wilkins1kc Pro Firer/Crew

:canofworms:Sounds like retail price maintenance if the manufacturer sets pricing rules that distributors have to follow.

9. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks Pro Firer/Crew

Some very orchestrated posting!

10. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

;)

11. Just had a quick look the Galaxis system as I didn’t know it existed until this thread. it looks awesome but does anyone in the uk use it? As I understand most use cobra, Fireone ect. I have an old pyromate p45 for my own personal shows I love using it but I think it’s time to upgrade to something a bit more complex and this maybe one worth looking at.

12. dogsbody

dogsbody Pro Firer/Crew

I use it regularly, know others who also use it

pyro_man likes this.
  13. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Rick at Angelfire uses it. I've set up a fair few shows with him.

The controller looks antiquated, odd German design, but it is certainly very functional.

The system reports on resistance of every cue, catching weak but continuous connections.

It full supports DMX.

It is eye wateringly expensive, and Germany seem to just say "500 Euros" when you want anything repaired. But then you get 10 - 100 cue modules that are fully waterproof and can be left on top of a stage in sleep mode until the time is right....

The software they produce is truly aweful and has resulted Rick losing even more heair than age has taken from him. It looks like it was written in Access 97.

For big shows with 100's of cues per site it's great. For regular stuff, it's very expensive.

pyro_man likes this.
  14. Thanks boys! I have no more hair left to loose so we are good on that front lol Shame the software Is that bad. I can only assume between the poor software and how expensive the system Is that’s what putting people off using it. Hopefully some other users of it can comment on reliability ect? well thats if there is anymore lol! I I don’t want to be paying 500euros every time something needs to be repaired lol

15. Understatement of the year I think.

The controller is reliable, the firing modules are reliable, the 50-way and 100-way adaptors are less so.

pyro_man likes this.
  16. Rick

Rick Pro Firer/Crew

It’s a reliable system capable of wireless control of pyro and most things switchable.

Plenty of firing options. - Manual, automatic, semi-automatic, timecode and DMX.

The software is somewhat counter-intuitive and will crash frequently until you learn the foibles. The Galaxis software is used for script upload to controller and devices, it can accept scripts from finale or other scripting software. The software is free for import and upload the design and stock control part are enabled when a dongle is used.

Great for large events requiring a range of effects (pyro, flame, co2 etc) as can all be controlled by a single system. Handy also as can link dmx desk to controller and wirelessly busk flame units or whatever.

Bit of a ball ache running back to back shows as whilst the controller can hold 5 scripts the outstations only 1 and need programming from show to show. Programming is wireless from laptop but not fun after a long run, little sleep and from the back of a damp van when all you want to do is set up, fire and go home.

It is an expensive option but does have lots of flashing lights.

Best thing, for me, is when it comes to showtime I know it’s going to work.

pyro_man likes this.