Gentle music fireworks inspiration needed

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Dodgey, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Have a client that wants Abba - I have a Dream, and Disturbed - Sound of Silence in his display, amongst others (Every tear drop is a waterfall - easy (finale), and Flash in the Pan - Waiting for a train - easy enough and mildly odd choice!).

I'm having trouble visualising how I'll go for so long with gentle music (all of Abba, and half of Disturbed). I'll chop Abba down a bit.

Looking for inspiration on how to work with more gentle music. I've done it with moody "gentle" music before, but that was only for a couple of minutes. There are only so many crossetts, willows and horse tails I can use! :)

Any input / examples welcome. Budget is big so I am not restrained by money - so there is an opportunity to use some European pyro.

2. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

Colour Strobe shells?

3. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Falling leaves (cakes and shells) Windbell shells.

4. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Strobing waterfalls

5. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Crackling crossette shells

6. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

A good time to use the rest of my red twinkle wind bells :)

7. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

Shame it's all of the Abba track and only half of Disturbed, and not the other way around ... Sound Of Silence has a brilliant dynamic throughout the track, with some great potential for starting small and building right through to a big drop at the end just before a nice finish - you could do a lot with that. TYFTM just doesn't have the same 'dynamic journey'.

8. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Sorted! Abba gone, replaced with Carmina Burana :) (client's choice after I suggested Abba might not work so well)

All of Disturbed.

Phew

Thanks for the input, all food for thought.

9. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks British Firework Champions 2018 UKFR Sponsor

A good example of covering gentle music from 2.20 with disturbed from 5.14 :)

Fingers Intact likes this.
  10. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

A bit of a cliche, but has much more potential! Good luck - and share the video of the final result!

11. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Love that show, watched that countless times for inspiration

12. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Thanks for all the input. Will start designing next week. Went to see the client today and he increased the budget! :)

13. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Cheers for that mate. I've partly copied it, but on a different scale - i.e. a fraction of the brocades lol! (20 x peanuts, some 4" and then some 6" long lasting willow) .Not done a song with mostly shells only so makes a nice change.

2 songs down, 2 to go! A little under half budget spent so far so plenty in reseve for the finale :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  14. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Here you go! Filmed far too close as usual.

Had one issue where one module fired around 3 seconds early for the whole show - the same module that was hosting most of our slices. Other then that, was delighted.

PyroSam88, Luciano and Charleso like this.