Has anyone used or purchased this Racking system from pyrostation

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Magnitude Pyrotechnics, Oct 13, 2018.

1. evening all

has anyone purchased or used this racking system. From Pyrostation/ pyrogear

just looking for possible buyer/ user reviews before i look at possibly purchasing some.

looks a good A frame system, at a very nice price.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sean Smythe

Sean Smythe Supports UKFR

I have it and use it but bought it from imperial lotus

3. how are you finding this system. is it durable and well made?

4. Have a look at optirack, search
    OptiRack - Optimum Pyrotechnic Equipment on Facebook

Attached Files:

5. already had a brief chat with phil about his racks, they look awesome and its definitely an option.

6. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

Not used the racks from Imperial
    I’d happily buy racks from Phil, having used them on a few occasions.

7. Sean Smythe

Sean Smythe Supports UKFR

I have found the pyrogear racks great and Greg has videoed his destruction tests mine are just under a 12month old but they don't have a mark on them

8. any links to these videos buddy. quite fancy seeing them in action when things go bad?

9. Opti rack
    1st point pyro
    Pyroquip
    Overseal pyro
    More tubes per rack so less racks you’ll need to buy

10. How much are opti racks 3”4”5”?

11. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Smoking Boots too. Pyroquip compatible.

The Pyrogear racks are dirt cheap, but the lower tube count would quickly fill your van/trailer.

12. But smaller racks take up less room?.
    One thing to look for and consider is the width of the lower beam, one for 'bounce' and two for protection of the bottom joint of fibreglass tube. I've seen 4" tubes suffer damage where only a portion of the tube sits on the rail.

13. cooperman435

cooperman435 Pro Firer/Crew

As I’m not currently an advertiser I won’t take the mickey but if you want info or prices on optirack please message me, here, Facebook or email is fine. I’m just as we speak completing the last of the pre November orders and have a website ready to populate with all info on including options.

Im limiting orders so that I ensure delivery’s are made and supplied on time

Thankyou for the recommendations everyone

Georgeh, 40NH, luke and 2 others like this.
  14. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

They look very much the same width - all that spacing between tubes

15. cooperman435

cooperman435 Pro Firer/Crew

The bottom beam looks almost identical yeah......

I’ve had a 1” bar under my tubes for 8 years now and not a single failure due to it or damage if any sort

16. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Same - been firing off a bar base for years now. You do get bounce unless you deal with it. I use shock cord tied in a fig 8 round the tubes.

17. Collected a few OptiRacks today and I’m looking forward to using them!:)
    9E463FF4-90A3-4AF7-821C-33DF6817A008.jpeg 8F57D8D3-4A22-4325-B2A5-EDEA5A8BDBE1.jpeg 3051B3AF-89F5-4662-8C7B-025C3D94C490.jpeg 8E46527D-1824-44A3-AE16-C32DD53A50E4.jpeg

18. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

19. Whilst I am an advocate and I have gone down the PyroQuip route, these frames from these pics stack/store much smaller than my racks. I struggle with sizes from 3" to 7" in both fanned and straight to get them to stack/store without wasted space. That being said, I cannot fault the PyroQuip system for quality and ease of use and each year I seek to add further and despite price differences between manufacturers I am not tempted to change.

20. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

They stack much smaller because they've no tubes in them :)

They'll take just the same space when they are full.