Head torch recommendations

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Dodgey, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Hey all, I have been using the lion rechargable ebay types like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Zoom...4:g:fH0AAOSwj6lbBp9y:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Problems though

1 - head strap becomes detached too easily
    2 - batteries are good for about 1/2 hour bright, then the remaining half hour not so bright.
    3 - stupid blinking mode not welcome or needed
    4 - batteries are not snug enough and often you end up running on one of the two.

Any recommendations - needs to not suffer the above, 2 brightness settings would be good so I can dim them for firing desk time. Can use AAs if need be as long as they are good for several hours. Or rechargable. Need to buy a handful of them

2. PyroAsh

PyroAsh Supports UKFR

I've been using this, it has several different modes. You can choose what happens when you press the power button.
    I.e.
    High/low
    High/strobe
    Max/high
    The wheel on the battery box independently controls the brightness or strobe speed. It can be locked against being knocked on in your bag. Adjustable focus from wide to narrow. Decent battery life. Check the reviews on YouTube...
    LED Lenser LED7298 H7R.2 Rechargeable Head Lamp - powerful 300 lumens and 160m beam range using advanced spot to flood optic - gives long range beam and wide spread illumination https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FYVF62C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EVE4Bb3NYVJDM

SydB likes this.
  3. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

I’m a fan of led lensers currently have an array of them, I use them both onsite and also for search and rescue and scouting duties and they have never let me down.
    Just beware that there are loads of fakes out there.

4. K9Girl

K9Girl Batteries not included Supports UKFR

I have this one, very good!

SydB likes this.
  5. Sean Smythe

Sean Smythe Supports UKFR

Mathew Griffiths likes this.
  6. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Led lenser H14R.2 for me, three years in and over 200 shows and still going strong
    Had a few different models of led lenser before that too:)

7. JustinBedford

JustinBedford Pro Firer/Crew

I've got Led Lenser rechargeable and a couple of Nitecore HC50. I prefer to use the Nitecore as they use 18650 batteries that can be swapped out should the need arise .

wilkins1kc likes this.
  8. hmmm, jealous now! That looks a great option

9. B19_TLG

B19_TLG Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

I bought a £20 unit on amazon. It takes 2x18650 batteries. I adjusted the beam on it recently and it was like a police helicopter spot light. Checked the entire perimeter of a field from where I was stood. Incredible range on it but has a low output mode which is less ridiculous.

I wouldn’t change it but I do have a couple of LED lender ones kicking about from years gone by and can’t fault them either. I’ll dig out a link for my amazon buy. It’s was pretty special.

10. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

I've just bought and used a Dial plastic head torch from B&Q £8 + 3 x AAA batteries. Cheap cheerful not an issue if it get's broken. Perfectly adequate for hand work but not a big beam..

11. dogsbody

dogsbody Pro Firer/Crew

Its what ive been using this season

12. wilkins1kc

wilkins1kc Pro Firer/Crew

Nitecore HC50

13. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

I use an O-light H25 Wave. It's bloody BRILLIANT. Around £100 and worth every penny.

Olight-H25-Head-Torch.jpg

14. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

Another recommendation for the LED Lenser H7R from me.

15. Acebeam H30

16. Ozzieuk

Ozzieuk Pro Firer/Crew

Don’t rule out having a good triple AAA headtorch in your kit.
    I have a few energiser ones
    A high power led torch is great for clear up or prep.
    But you can bet your life your rechargeable one will let you down at one point or you forget to charge it.
    On the other hand you can get batts from pretty much anywhere that’s open around you.
    EB03C110-65D9-4F02-AEF4-7B648FA4C415.jpeg

toxic_pyro likes this.
  17. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

My LED Lenser takes 4 AAs. I use rechargeables in it and keep a four pack of Eneloop AAs in my toolbox as spares.

Ozzieuk and elmo like this.