Head torch recommendations

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Dodgey, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

I use unilite prosafes.

I have a top of the range hs7 or 8 rechargable usb type that i use at work, gets left on charge each day so no probs there.

Then i i ha the one below i believe is the hs6, this takes 3 aaa.
    Bit steep but are intrinsic safe and pretty waterproof although they are not meantto be submergable.

Have been reliable,which you need climbing in confined spaces and being part of a rescue team on the boiler.
    Had one problem with the first i had, got in touch, company director made arrangements to have it picked up,replaced with new foc and came back with full hard hat fitting kit and some other goodies.

So vote here for unilite prosafe range.

2. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

Thanks all, bought this in the end:

Forum keeps converting the Amazon link to a media link. It's this: "
    ARC LIGHT LED Head Torch Headlamp for Running, Walking, Cycling at Night. Protective Hard Case Included. Water Resistant"

And some AAA eneloops. Worked a treat and really nice that you can turn it on and off without going through all the brightnesses and flashing

3. Ozzieuk

Ozzieuk Pro Firer/Crew

33265AC7-6D17-441E-ADA3-8B9D57DA625F.png This looks a little bit too good.
    It would make set up and clear down brighter.

Flowerpot Master likes this.
  4. Dodgey

Dodgey Pro Firer/Crew

At £200 I could pay someone to follow me round with a lamp!

5. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

They get paid far too much at FWC;)

6. PyroAsh

PyroAsh Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

7 months in and about 10 hours of use and my led lenser h7.2 is being returned under warranty.
    It's started eating batteries for fun, even when switched off! :(
    Anyone else had issues??

7. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

Not had any issues with Led Lensers I own a fair few.
    The only time I've had battery issues is when it gets switched on by accident and runs down but using the switch lock helps.

PyroAsh likes this.
  8. PyroAsh

I put a fresh set of energizer lithiums in late Saturday morning and put the switch lock on. 30 mins use during de rig and they were flat!
    I put a part used set in on Sunday but they were working. Left it off for rest of the day. By the evening they were flat.
    Somethings not quite right :(

9. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

I still swear by unilite. I know they arnt cheap but i have hammered the 7 series for nearly 4 years now and its still going strong.

PyroAsh likes this.
  10. PyroAsh

Just had a look at them, they do look good battery wise compared to the led lenser. Let's see how mine performs when I get it back.....
    If not much better i'll probably get one.

Da Main Mouse likes this.
  11. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

Energizer lithium's were my battery of choice until I moved it all over to 18650 last year.
    Used to get a good run time on my P7, H7 and H14's using them for pyro and also search and rescue.

PyroAsh likes this.