Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Members - Say Hello!' started by ShotSeeker, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Hi there!

So... how to introduce myself? My background is in software and hardware engineering so a lot of my time is spent building or breaking electronics. Ever since I first saw the BMFC's down in Southport as a kid, I've been entranced by pyro, but up until this point never quite had the time to follow my obsession further. This year, I decided to finally bite the bullet and look at getting into professional fireworks and building my understanding of how planning and firing works in the field, maybe even working towards BPA accreditation!

My experience so far has been purely limited to CAT 2 & 3, with a fair amount of experience doing fusing and basic electronic firing. I've done a lot of research in the past on the technical side of firing systems so my knowledge is pretty decent in that area. I've also hand-fired a couple of shows, but otherwise I'm still pretty green!

Other than that, I'm here to learn, get as much information as I can. The dream would be to hopefully find somewhere in the North West (I'm based around Manchester at the moment) willing to take me under their wing. I'm a fast study and somewhat of a perfectionist so anything you throw at me I'm usually quick up the uptake with!

Anyways, think i'll cap this off here. Hope y'all are having as much of a long sunny weekend as I am!

Cheers!

Pyro Pete likes this.
  2. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

Pretty good intro mate!
    Waves hands in welcoming gesture!

ShotSeeker likes this.
  3. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Welcome along :)

ShotSeeker likes this.
  4. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

:welcome: plenty of pyro freaks in the North West, your in good company

ShotSeeker likes this.
  5. Welcome :)

ShotSeeker likes this.
  6. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Welcome :)
    Many pro companies on a recruitment drive at the minute so finding the right one to suit shouldn’t be too difficult

ShotSeeker likes this.
  7. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

Welcome to the forum. :)

ShotSeeker likes this.
  8. Hello and welcome

9. welcome onboard :)

10. Hello and Welcome!