Hi Guys, I would love to know more about joining the world of pyrotechnics.

Discussion in 'New Members - Say Hello!' started by The pyro newbie, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Hi Guys,

I've been helping set up and letting off big home firework displays with my dad since I was 13 (now nearly 23) and have been watching displays since I was born. I have always wondered how people get into pyrotechnics and firework displays professionally. I'm based in the south east near the port of Dover.

Any advice on how to get more involved in the trade? Or maybe who I can speak with to maybe lend a hand at displays so I can gain knowledge and key experience (and enjoy the ups and the downs that go with it)

Thanks again in advance, if you want anymore information feel free to message me or reply to my thread and I'll answer any questions

Kieran

2. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Welcome along. Start by contacting local display companies to see if any are looking for newbie firers. That really is the best way to toe-dip into pro firing and of course once trained up you can be paid for it too.

Also have a look in the Pro Forum here for companies looking for new firers (no experience necessary), for example:

https://www.fireworks-forum.org.uk/forums/professional-fireworks.23/?prefix_id=9

As you can see, Titanium and Illusion have both posted this year that they're recruiting.

3. Welcome to the forum.

We're always looking for crew. We're based in Essex, if you're looking for somewhere a bit closer to home, try Phoenix Fireworks

Pyro Pete likes this.
  4. meteorpaul

meteorpaul Pro Firer/Crew

Hi Kieran
    Welcome , flip me a message , we (Meteor Fireworks ) are based just outside Tunbridge wells in Kent , always happy to welcome new crew to our team , we offer a great training scheme to our new crews
    Paul Allen
    Meteor Fireworks

Daveandkate and Pyro Pete like this.
  5. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

Welcome to the forum.

6. AlanCee29

AlanCee29 Supports UKFR

Welcome :D

7. Welcome.