Homebrew Wired Trigger

Discussion in 'Firing Systems And Fusing Fireworks' started by Fawke Handles, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Yeah I thought that's what you meant but reading back maybe I've misunderstood :oops:

2. I commented after a few beers so had to check.

For now I’ve kept it the same as the OP.

I would like too add the continuity option as well as capacitor to up the discharge.

3. cooperman435

cooperman435 Pro Firer/Crew

Adding a capacitor in the way you mean is a significantly bigger job than just adding one to the existing circuit. Capacitors store a charge but they don’t multiply it so if you charged it with a 9v battery you’d simply increase the ampage available on pressing the button but still at 9v, you’d need a step up circuit to increase the voltage to create a blasting type unit.

Jon and Ozzieuk like this.
  4. Come home 2 Jiffy bags. Oddly 3 items from the same seller which I didn’t spot.

I went with a 5mm Blue LED. Blue just looks nicer.

I think the illuminate switch is too big. Haven’t opened anything to check yet. Also need to grab a 9V battery.

Awaiting push button and terminals.

Attached Files:

Fawke Handles likes this.
  5. I'd forgot about that. Probably should have mentioned that, sorry. :oops: If you look at my first post you'll see I had to bend the terminals to make it fit.

6. Yeah I spotted that tonight when I looked. Few ways around it. Having a 3D printer helps. Make a small ring to raise it up will help.

Jon likes this.
  7. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

That's what I love about 3d printing, just making odd parts to convert a fitting etc...

8. She broke the plastic holding the shelf in the fridge. They wanted £75 a bit of plastic. 3 hour print and 20 mins to draw it sorted.

Attached Files:

Jon and wilkins1kc like this.
  9. Just been clearing out the workshop and found these bits. Need to built it really.