Hummers, 3 staged whistle & other unusual sounding fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by BarnOwl, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

We're all getting ancient and a bit faded....:D

fozzboy and Pyro Pete like this.
  2. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

You'll be fine after lockdown ;)

I still get so much joy from unusual sounding fireworks - and so do spectators especially children - and wonder why we don't see so much of it in modern pyro?

chris 1953 likes this.
  3. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Because everyone wants compounds you can’t carry and cakes with crackle finales :whistle:

TLG likes this.
  4. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

I keep as sane as I can by getting them out for a good old Fondle ... Or am I the only one ?..:rolleyes:

5. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

I have to say the Zeus crackling crossette cakes are the good type of crackle! They have changed my opinion of crackle.
    Are you keeping Night Tracer as the crackling version or changing to the regular crossettes this year? I need more of the crackling versions!

6. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Crackles are not "unusual sounds". In fact on some forums, just saying, you'd be hounded out for endorsing such a thing! ;)

hofnerite likes this.
  7. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Staying as Is mate ;)

hofnerite likes this.
  8. Calling All Cars was exactly the same firework as Screech Owl, Hummer, Siren etc. Their “humming star” was simply the best, always very loud and sometimes quite erratic.
    I haven’t fired one for a long time but if I do I will record/upload it as I have done in the past with other items. I must admit, I enjoy firing the odd vintage item now and again (yes, I know..shock/horror) but try now to stick to items that leave a “clean tube” to refurbish as I’ve had a few things burn away or explode lol

BarnOwl and Sparkler like this.
  9. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

I didn’t realise they were all the same. Great info, thanks for sharing. As previously said it would be fab to see one in action...or even a video of one.