Cake/Barrage Imperial Brocade

Discussion in 'Absolute Fireworks' started by POB's Pyro, Oct 17, 2017.

1. RRP: £39.99
    Category: CE Cat2!
    Shots: 20
    Duration: 45 seconds
    Hazard: 1.4G

Our video filmed from 45 metres:

2. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

One of the best examples of this effect.

3. Rob perry

Rob perry Supports UKFR

Highly reccomend this firework it's beautiful and spectacular. The closest thing to a pro cascading shell I have seen. Great height and huge stunning bursts. Its quite big though so think if your wife won't let you have large fireworks. Was talk of all the neighbours even though I had some larger fireworks.

4. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Supports UKFR

That is lovely although I don't like the price much, anybody know the nec?

5. NEC is 483g. The price is a lot for a 20 shot but packed with powder and the effect is stunning and worth the price in my opinion.

paul s likes this.
  6. Rob perry

Rob perry Supports UKFR

I got mine much cheaper.. not sure if we are allowed to post what and where as not fair on retailers. Look around

7. danielpyronutter

Nice effect with decent sized burst but not overly loud or powerful.

8. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Is this cake still being made? Didn't see it anywhere last year.

9. No, but still available.

hofnerite likes this.
  10. Damp Squib

Damp Squib Supports UKFR

11. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

It's a tremendous piece imo - fires very high and straight. The hang time can be a bit extensive in some cases.

12. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

That's what made it a must-have piece. I wonder if that's why it's discontinued?
    What I liked about it was that it seemed to break at the absolute top of the trajectory like a shell does. Those couple of seconds really made it stand out and built a bit of tension. Maybe just me!

13. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

It certainly reached higher than most cakes do; noticeably so!

hofnerite likes this.
  14. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I would also recommend buying any old stock that is founding lurking in dusty shop corners.

Blackpool Fireworks likes this.
  15. It was a cracking piece. Simply stunning the first time I saw it, but I used up my last stock on NYE. The shots in the 2017 batch I had were travelling just past their apex and bursting down towards the ground. Not usually a problem but when the hang-time is already pushing it I was nervous selling them to the public. So I used them in displays in a 100 x 100m field and I'm glad I did! Will be missed though.

scoops and hofnerite like this.
  16. You can tell it's powder heavy but the bursts seemed a bit inconsistent for me with a few half or odd shaped bursts.Still liked it but it wouldn't be in any top 10s even for mid level cakes.

17. danielpyronutter

That would be due to I suspect being 1.4g, but considering this it's a very good piece for 1.4g.

18. Pyro Pete likes this.
  19. Damp Squib

Damp Squib Supports UKFR

There'll be some very happy punters though!