jorge demo & delivery

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by Fireworks South Wales, Mar 31, 2019.

1. we will be attending the jorge demo on 11th april any deliveries required on the 11th or 12th just pm for a good deal with a twist thanks

kamikersie and GTRpyro like this.
  2. All but 2. Deliveries finished now,great night at the Jorge demo not a lot of new items fired but a lot of the old faithful and new items on the way .a big thanks to Neil from Blackpool for our lift to the venue

3. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

What was the "twist" ?
    Did you turn up on a horse with Banners stating how much you hate pyro:p

Chorlton Fireworks and hofnerite like this.
  4. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

The twist is it's at full RRP. :D

5. No worries John, good to catch up with you and @paul s

6. Krony

Krony Supports UKFR

Nice to meet you last night John.

Fireworks South Wales likes this.
  7. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

A good night all said; certainly different to last year in terms of weather and turn out.

As John said, not a lot of new but reassuring to be reminded just how good some of the core lines are. Stand out items for me (for my own needs) were -

Enigma (Eldorado) .......as good as ever. Fantastic gold (not silvery) brocades.
    Sajgon.......best of the night imo. Similar to Enigma but crackling. Largest and loudest breaks of all. Massive for 1.4G.
    New generation 8.....similar to the old AF Imperial Brocade. Huge silver palms with purple stars.
    8" silver cones.......hard to beat for the price; very good height.
    1.4G rockets.....these actually burst! The only cat2 ones I would stock. Or not @Blackpool Fireworks ;)
    Solaris 16 shot....very similar to Brothers Diamond Princess effect. A cheaper alternative.
    Andromeda.....surprisingly different. I keep avoiding this, but then wish I hadn't.
    Nemezis.....typical 100 shot 20mm cake. But the price is good, the pace is good and it makes for an effective and easy finale piece; single or in multiples.
    Katmandu, Kasopeja and Thunder Rain........big bursts from 20mm. Not special by any stretch, but certainly they are good, consistent, reliable entry cakes.
    Crazy Whistling Comets...........the best missile cake bar none.

Chances are other folk will have a different list, but I don't think there were any major let downs or 'demo night special brews'. Jorge produce some very good lines, and the demo simply reinforced that view.

I could be wrong, but I think the cat 4 finale included a couple of Big Silver Chrysanthemum 49 shots...??? if so these are pretty immense. Anybody confirm this?

Some Vulcan, meshed barrage boxes (dummies) looked interesting. Sadly not fired on the night, but will be worth looking out for.

Picked up a 'maimum' order from Lee the next day, so all in all a good night. Many thanks to 1st Galaxy for making the effort to put on a good night; it is appreciated. A good venue btw.

Had a good catch up with Neil @Blackpool Fireworks , and John @Fireworks South Wales, and very briefly with Saj @Chorlton Fireworks, Alex @Fire Monkey Pyro ,Tony, Krony and a couple of Galactic's guys. Shame that Pete @POB's Pyro couldn't make it.

:)

8. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

He was fully clothed this year.

9. Krony

Krony Supports UKFR

This was the end display, sadly I chose not to swop out the lens for my wide one but most of it is in the frame.

paul s likes this.
  10. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Forgot to mention probably one of the best value cakes they do.....Wenus. A stunner for the size and price.

11. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

It's a lovely little cake, big effects for size

12. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

VERY big effects. AF Gold Rush is good, but this one is better.

Fireworks South Wales likes this.
  13. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

I fired a pair in a tri with diamond princess in the middle, was stunning tbh

paul s and hofnerite like this.
  14. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Yes, Wenus is a very under appreciated cake. Massive breaks and one of the early F2 CE cakes that made the jump from garden dross to F3 sized bursts.

Fireworks South Wales and scoops like this.
  15. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Solaris.....;)

(DP is very good, this is simply an alternative).

Jimmywhizz, Jon and scoops like this.