Las Fallas 2022

Discussion in 'Las Fallas' started by Madfish, Feb 18, 2021.

1. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Which is why the NEC limit is there to try and create a level playing field. Trying to cap the budget is an almost impossible task. Different companies will work on different profit margins, and potentially be able to negotiate different rates from suppliers or import their own pyro. I know over the years this can of worms has been discussed to death :). You still have the issue of policing the NEC limit though :rolleyes:.

elmo likes this.
  2. DannyB

DannyB Pro Firer/Crew

It still doesn't give a level playing field as different companies buy stock at very different prices, are they a low volume display company, or a high volume importer? Those two companies have hugely different costs.

3. There is also the aspect that attracting large numbers to Valencia obviously benefits many other businesses.

Do they contribute in any way by such as Council Tax?

4. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

All true. I know we've had this discussion in the past, and I don't want to derail this thread from discussion of Fallas '22 so probably best not to get into that discussion again! Shouldn't have mentioned it, really, I guess ;)

blackbat likes this.
  5. Madfish

Madfish Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Some cheap Ryanair flights from Manchestaaa which fit ok with fallas next year

kibber and RocketRev like this.
  6. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

And there's me living in Manchester but flying from Gatwick!

I did look at those Ryanair flights, but still had EasyJet flights for Gatwick rolling over from last year to this year to next year to use. Plus I can incorporate visits to family / friends when driving down to Gatwick.

But at least someone is offering Manchester flights direct to Valencia. Looking further ahead, whether I use them or not depends on when the flights are. The current offering from Ryanair is for Monday and Friday flights. A Monday-Monday trip fits well for Las Fallas in 2022 & 2023. A weekend break with Friday - Monday flights doesn't work well for 2022 but is a very good fit for 2023.

7. Madfish

The downside is if you are working Mon - Fri it means 6 days of leave :(

8. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

I have the same problem with being away over a weekend!

9. Madfish

Found some very nice hotel accommodation & made a reservation (confirmed) :) Strange, the number of times we must have walked past the Plaza Mercado hotel and never really noticed it!

blackbat and RocketRev like this.
  10. blackbat

Details please :). Now booked from Gatwick,15th-20th.

- just realised you named the hotel above!

11. blackbat

Thanks for the tip, Martin. Also booked and confirmed :).

Madfish likes this.
  12. Madfish

Did you not fancy the Venecia this year?

13. blackbat

I only stayed there once quite a few years ago. It's OK but I've been in AirBnBs the last couple of times I've been and do like to have a fridge and self catering facilities. The hotel suites tick the box and the location looks great. Pricewise it isn't much different to hiring a small flat for 2.

Madfish likes this.
  14. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

still undecided....... ryanair from stansted 13th - 20th is £200 with priority,10kg bag, reserved seat, easy jet gatwick £117, but i only live an hour from stansted and gatwick is 2.5hrs ?????
    @Madfish @blackbat nice looking hotel, slipped under the radar!!
    Silken Puerto have changed mine to next year FOC, two years running ....... fingers crossed ;)

Madfish likes this.