Latest acquisitions 2020

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

At last some new finds..........
    From the weekend a couple of Pains 1941 dated flares...... these have been de-activated so will be safe to move on.... I already have one example from several years ago.
    IMG_9902.JPG

then today some part boxes of bangers, from this find I've managed to add 2 more to the banger collection..... and there are more to come tomorrow as the guy says he has a few more boxes.....
    IMG_9899.JPG IMG_9900.JPG IMG_9901.JPG

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

the last 2 boxes, bangers in these carry the Chedburgh Bury St Edmunds earlier factory address, although boxes have the Draycott Nr Derby later factory address.. bangers in the earlier pictures above are all from Draycott..........

IMG_9903.JPG IMG_9904.JPG

3. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Like the Pains signal flare..classic 'old' kit....got one myself...Good to see there are others 'Out There'.

4. It's the Mighty Atom bangers that do it for me. A blast from my childhood.

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

All from the one original find of a complete tin , all were emptied after finding and most went into the RAF collectors looking for life-raft survival gear.... clearing through some boxes the guy found these last 2 from that original batch......

Richard Lane likes this.
  6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Seems to be the case with a few others as they all went to new homes within 24 hrs , well they will go to their new homes once I've done my delivery rounds......

Richard Lane likes this.
  7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A nice rare beastie..........
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 3.jpg s-l1600 4.jpg s-l1600 2.jpg s-l1600 5.jpg

8. standard steve

standard steve Supports UKFR

absolutely beautiful ! never seen one of those before . lucky bugger !

9. Richard Lane

Smashing find that Kev..
    1930's I would guess..and interesting that the flash design on this JIB is/ was carried through on air bomb repeaters endlessly right up to the present day..Black cat are using them on some of their 'copies' of Standard Fireworks.
    The description of what it does is delightful..they used this format on several of this type of firework.

Blue devil likes this.
  10. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

What a gem.

11. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

There is one very similar on a poster you put in the vintage posters thread.
    Photo019 (2).jpg

Peter Mackett likes this.
  12. Richard Lane

IMG_2086.JPG Another favorite!

Peter Mackett, TONYB and Blue devil like this.
  13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Richard
    mission creep ??
    Going off course with that one ......:D

14. standard steve

forgot to look at that poster last night kevin , I looked at the bigger ones I have . id say that jack in the box , shown on the
    poster above , his near enough to yours . just realised there some of my items on there from my £1.00 box .
    if I remember rightly that poster is from 1936 .
    To be fare that jack in the box should reside with the other items in my £1.00 box , and as it is on my poster has well !
    ss

15. Richard Lane

Kev..Gotcha..yes I see JiB in poster ..Duuhhm ...clot me!

16. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

now thats a wonderful poster "brocks" and "crystal palace " two of my favourites

Richard Lane and standard steve like this.
  17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

That's very kind of you, soon as we get unflooded in Lichfield area I'll pop up and collect rest of the items from you so they can all live together in my display cabinet.

18. standard steve

well if its flooded in Lichfield , It needs to be kept on higher ground . back in Yorkshire where it belongs !
    ss

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Don't worry, not flooded in Lichfield, just all around and if it was Jane has strict instructions to hold the collection above her head for as long as it takes me to find or build a boat, so no need to worry..........

standard steve likes this.
  20. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

anyway, you don't need more, you're struggling to remember what you've got as it is......