Latest acquisitions 2020

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

What a way to end the year my mate..well done.It’s been a brill year for aquisitions genrallly.
    Happy Christmas to you and everybody on the Forum.
    R

2. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Yep second that. Happy Christmas everyone. Here’s to more vintage Pyro discoveries in ‘21...

Done Fettling likes this.
  3. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Holy shit!

4. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Santa came early....:eek:

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Although I'm off for Christmas I couldn't stop myself from pulling all the rockets out of the box and storage tub and getting them all in one storage tub ready for January and when I get the photos and listing into the store started........ once I've started back and I have finished the end of year accounts....... enjoy the pics but I'm not taking requests or answering questions untill then..........
    IMG_1799 (2).JPG IMG_1800 (2).JPG

6. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

you are so lucky, i must admitt that if i had a few of the same i would just have to let them off for old times sake,getting older and you start to look back at the times when you went with your dad to the newsagent with 10 bob note, and if dad had saved up even MORE, iwas so lucky at bfn , and we thought they were big fireworks then lol,
    thanks for the pics, makes me sad makes me cry, makes me happy to. happy new year to you all.

7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

These aren't finds as such, I am currently working through 2 very large collections of old pyro and moving items on to new homes for the collections owners. Actual finds are and have been very slim this last year although the few that did turn up were very nice items to have.The SA collection has items mainly from the early 70's into the 80's and the AF collection has items mainly from the late 80's into the early 90's. They give quite a nice range of items to suit most collections. Astra, Benwell, Brocks, Pains Wessex, Standard and even some early Kimbolton.

8. Richard Lane

Kev..are they all being sold via the shop..and when will that process commence...after your accountant duties that I know!!

9. Would anyone know if the little red and yellow rockets were the same ones Standard put in the size 40 box for one or two years .I bought two size 40 boxes one year and they were in them.They had no heading in them just a motor.I can not for the life of me remember the year though .

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I am only starting working on them once accounts are done, how long that will be I have no idea, depends how soon I can get set into doing them. I'm hoping to make a start tomorrow and can take me several days at least .......

Then I'm going to go through it all and first of all buy any bits I want in my collection, won't be much but hoping there will be something.
    Then I have several people who bought part boxes off me in the past and I need to check if there is anything they need for their boxes. After that I can start doing photographs and putting everything into the store............ that is going to be some task as they number into the hundreds and dozens of different items, some there are more than one and others just single examples...........but as there are no militaria shows to do this year untill summer it will give me something to do...........

Richard Lane likes this.
  11. Richard Lane

Here they are....in this series ..they came out of a box marked S**t!...they were added to my collection after a visit to one of my suppliers.I was hunting thro some magazines looking for some drivers for use in my BFN display of this year.
    I stumbled across this box and the title wording drew my attention..when I opened it ..it contained this great selection of principally cat4 goods albeit some were wrapped fro retail sale.
    All as the photographs.....one snap of some Ruggieri magnesium flares ..and the instructions contain amongst other things was an instruction ..”not to carry it in your Mouth!!”
    On the same label is another odd item..and my French..be it as it is translates the last advice is that ..”Take care ..this product can burst into flames!!”
    I dunno the frogs despite euro rules and regs carry on in their own sweet way!!
    The contents is made up of some interesting fireworks...3 Saxons ..assorted Gerbs of various types..some Kimbolton whistles...and the Snow man wrap that Kev posted above earlier this week...and the Ruggieri mag flares ..

R 5D756A2A-3D35-4988-8436-A93971658DE0.jpeg 9F6E9E78-2710-4B27-A62F-47580934004D.jpeg D0D742CF-1B04-4B57-A01E-E53775D3ED05.jpeg 0C67D951-F49D-42F3-9A9D-D055FD866CAA.jpeg CA5995AD-A973-4DA5-8C51-571ED9A8A583.jpeg 82451B64-0091-438A-9089-B686F655F01B.jpeg B4CB373F-66B0-443A-B9A2-528112666918.jpeg 11EE4C8E-CF66-4DAE-AA3E-7A471FD96313.jpeg 2B5BA0BA-D84E-4A71-B808-8D11DE69016C.jpeg E466FD76-7BD7-416B-99A1-B55F890F7516.jpeg EAE0E1C6-5455-46F8-BE19-9D410FDAB5F1.jpeg 005BEB57-CADB-4841-B7AA-4D90F7A516D9.jpeg

12. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

you must be on the good list, santa likes you, :D

13. Richard Lane

Ha..yes guess so....:rolleyes:

14. I love the box labelling as simply "shit!"

Richard Lane and blackbat like this.
  15. Only seen the snowman wrap on KF mines before .Nice selection of gear there :)

16. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

'Good shit' more like.

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Reckon there will be no more finds to add into this section now, so I shall have to start another one next year for whatever treasures there are out there that come my way.............
    It was an excellent year for new acquisitions, many of which are sitting in storage waiing to be photographed and found new homes..........

Wishing you all a Happy New Year for 2021............
    Kev