Latest acquisitions....

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

None of these are related to the stockbox acquisition from yesterday........ some nice rare early bits in here...... all live and in mint condition....... it's still out there !
    These will shorten a couple of wants lists that I have...........

IMG_7422.JPG

2. some great art work in that box,

Blue devil and Firefiend like this.
  3. Looking at that picture, I can almost smell the older fireworks. I miss those days!

TerenceFawkes, paul 73 and Firefiend like this.
  4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Another day and another trade / purchase.......... everyone ends up happy...
    Very pleased to be able to add this to my collection of full boxes........... although I lived through the era that these were from I can't ever remember seeing them in the shops...... most of the items are size 2 1/2......... I know this box is 100% original contents as when first found it was still sealed.
    IMG_7629.JPG IMG_7626.JPG

5. lovely that kevin, great find , in great condition as well ...

6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

well to be fair it found me.............. but it is a nice item in great condition...........

7. you don't see that red & green labelled roman candle very often ,

8. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

Very nice find kev,

Yeah, the size 2 1/2 marked items is mid 70s to very early 80s? as I have a 1982 standard price chart I got off eBay and it was size 3 marking by then.

9. And look at that lovely pile of Genie dust sitting in the corner of the box :cool::p

standard steve and blackbat like this.
  10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

lovely pile of ex Genie dust, done a bit of spucing up, can't have piles of powder lurking waiting to cause problems..........Chrys. Ftn was the culprit as per usual.......... Standard never seemed to be able to get that one powder tight.........

TerenceFawkes and standard steve like this.
  11. That's a lovely selection. I also remember two larger packs of this type, which came with a price rather than a Size designation on the box lid. There was a blue box priced at 15 quid and a pink one at 30 quid. Seem to recall buying these from Fireworks Galore in Nottingham circa 1983/84. With regard to the red and green candle I have one of those labels sent to me (as a curious schoolboy) from the factory in 1981 and marked Size 2 1/2 They later changed to an orange and red label. Love the old Standard stuff - thank you for sharing.

12. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

So thats it, it was from 1982 the size 2 1/2 became size 3 then as I have the price chart from 1982 with loose fireworks marked from size 3.

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

14. Thanks for posting. Yes, that's the blue one I remember.

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Unfortunately the blue box is empty................. in all the years I've been hunting out old pyro it was only this year that I came across physical examples of these boxes , yet they were being sold for several years so there should be more out there somewhere. Don't suppose you remember what you got in the blue box by any chance ?

16. Hi Kevin. Now there's a test of memory. Seem to remember it was a mix of Size 2 1/2 and 4 items with a few larger pieces. Pretty sure there were 6 Size 2 1/2 rockets, 3 coloured and 3 animated. I remember a Motor Wheel, a Volcano, a Size 5 animated Roman candle bouquet, Scarlet Fury, coloured Roman candle, Traffic Light.... I have a better memory of the 30 quid box, which contained some larger pieces up to a Morning Sunrise set piece. And I can't remember what I did yesterday... Chris

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Thanks Chris
    That's a good start to what is needed,
    Kevin

18. These photos may help with getting the right contents for the £15 box Kev:
    P8200212.JPG £20 BOX.JPG
    Not my boxes by the way!

19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Thanks
    there must be a picture out there somewhere of the blue £15 box...........

Johnny Edward Ludick likes this.
  20. Thanks for posting. I wonder if the green 20 quid box is a later version of the blue box? This contains some more modern items and labels such as Diamond Mine and Starjet. It would be great to date these boxes with a brochure reference. Any of these boxes would have been a treat for Bonfire Night!