Latest acquisitions....

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

Aaahaa..Good research..as usual Kev...:rolleyes:

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

another early start but a nice result.......

IMG_8114.JPG

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Now this is what you call vintage pyro.......... took a call late last night, picked up today, another 200 mile round trip....... but well worth it..........
    IMG_8122.JPG IMG_8123.JPG IMG_8124.JPG IMG_8125.JPG IMG_8126.JPG IMG_8127.JPG IMG_8128.JPG IMG_8129.JPG IMG_8130.JPG IMG_8131.JPG IMG_8132.JPG

4. What age are those?, really simple designs!, how this stuff survives is amazing!

Johnny Edward Ludick likes this.
  5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Still working on that, but is looking like could well be 1938 ish but also possible that they are just after the war.......... the Port Fires are I believe an actual firework and not a firework lighting device as the name would suggest. They show as a firework in that 1938 Brocks catalogue that I got last week..........the 3 white coloured ones have C. T. Brocks printed on the fuze paper......... the bundles ..... one has Blue Lights 1d written on one of the items in pencil...... can't see any sign of ever having had a label on any of those in the bundles although the way the fuzepaper is left would suggest they should have a label............ who knows what went on back in those days, it's what makes it all interesting.......... they still work, the guy lit one and said it worked well............

6. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

These popped up on Ebay last night with a buy it now price .......... been to Hereford this morning to collect them. Very faded 5/- box with part contents from early 1960's ( unless anyone can advise differently )....... and I don't have that Size A Cannon in the collection.......
    IMG_8264.JPG IMG_8265.JPG IMG_8266.JPG IMG_8263.JPG

7. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

8. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Yes, very nice :)

9. Richard Lane

Kev..well bloody done chap.
    That's one of the very best box collections I've seen..ever.
    It has it all dead right for me...reckon at a guess early to mid 1950's provenance possibly a little,later with the price code letters.
    I think maybe..just maybe the brown internal wrapper is 'newer'
    The Flower Pot...The Aurora..and best of all the Gloria Roman Candle are so redolent for me of my childhood memories of the time around Bonfire Night.
    Always particularly loved the 'radar pulse' design of Brock's Romans of the period ...l had one from you years and years ago..red and blue pattern...I'll put it on the Forum later.
    Well done again
    Yo mate Ro_O;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Paper is correct, even has the original layer of woodshavings underneath that, paper is more orange than brown............ need to do some better daylight photos rather than under the office lights late at night...........
    As for date of the item, still a work in progress but Brocks were using letter codes long before the rest who did it for when we changed to decimilisation..........
    It was just luck that I got it, if someone else hadn't rung me to say had I seen it I wouldn't have seen it.............it was there for anyone to grab, I'm just amazed no one did........ like I say, just luck.........
    It's still out there and I'm convinced we are now entering into the more interesting finds as 50's and 60's houses start to get cleared......... this last year certainly points towards that.......... shop clearances tend to be more rooted in the late 90's items and early 2000s. I hope I'm right as there could well be some very nice items to come........

11. Richard Lane

I agree..I've had quite a good year in collecting 50's and 60's stuff....in partic a house clearance in London which is coming to me via a third party....mysterious I know but in the end very very good results.
    As we always maintain..it's all out there and I concur I too think there are good results acomin!

12. I would say 50s

13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I hate to think how much goes to landfill ......... that and the Surrey blackhole !

fozzboy and FXB Fireworks like this.
  14. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Surrey black hole?! lol

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

It exists....... stuff gets sucked into it and is never seen or heard of again !

Sparkler likes this.
  16. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

In other words a certain someone.......?.

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Another good result,
    IMG_8267.JPG IMG_8268.JPG IMG_8269.JPG IMG_8270.JPG IMG_8271.JPG

I think it is a shop giving up its goodies........... have been told there is more to come, just waiting on photos.....

18. its good to see the stock box for the little demons ,

Firefiend likes this.
  19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

These were also from same place.......... not had a full box for a while.....

IMG_8273.JPG IMG_8272.JPG

20. I used to buy that box of rockets every year, originally they were all the orange ones which eject strobing silver stars then they introduced the blue ones with white comets, great to see some again!