Legislation to prevent misuse of fireworks

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spotted this coming up for auction in the States..... looks like they had problems with firework misuse way back in 1697.

2. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

That's really quite fascinating!

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

It reads like an olde worlde version of faceache reports we see from the ban it brigade........

4. jww

jww Supports UKFR

So B.P. and its allied mixes was around e.g. 13th/14th century in Europe - I wonder where the VERY first proper pyro shop was??? - come on - somebody here must have an uncle ( aunt ? ) who was at the forefront as well as the storefront ! - and look - only a few hundred years passed and the ban it brigade out doing books !!! Awesome...JW.

5. Very few serpents around now, in part due to global warming and that bounder St George off'ing dragons all over the gaff. Been ages since i found a seprent to throw. Those were the days a seprent on very corner just asking to be thrown.

6. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

So they had a pain in the arse brigade way back centuries ago,
    nothing new then, only from the mid 20th century and into the
    21st century they have succeeded in removing all the best stuff,
    mind you these days a safety pin is regarded as dangerous.

Sandling Fireworks and AlanCee29 like this.
  7. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Having changed many old style nappies in the past I can assure you safety pins are highly dangerous..........:oops::)

AlanCee29 likes this.
  8. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

I remember once reading a book written in around 160AD and the Roman senate were complaining about the "youth" of the day being useless and lazy, nothing really changes. There's probably a "stash shot" in one of those books as evidence of "dangerous" storage :D

pyro_man and Rookwood like this.
  9. Jamie Thornton

Maybe so but you just need good common sense:).

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Early hours of the morning after several days of very little sleep, trying to pin a nappy on a wriggling baby without jabbing it........common sense is absolutely nowhere to be seen.........

11. Jamie Thornton

Fair point.

12. [​IMG]

heres Guido admiring his stash.

AlanCee29 likes this.
  13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Few years back I bought an old sketch book of original cartoon drawings titled NEW HISTORY OF ENGLAND , showing various moments in our history........
    This one shows the moment TonyB was discovered hiding in his stash........ it was the Brocks box that gave it away:):)

guy118.jpg

Richard Lane and standard steve like this.