Mini Display

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by WR3_Pyro, Jan 15, 2021.

1. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

My sons 5th birthday, he asked for fireworks as his party was cancelled etc. To keep the wet wipes happy I kept it short and sweet with low noise! Nothing complex but it really completed his lockdown birthday! And I knocked it up in 5 mins :cool:

These are my kinda birthday candles :)

Attached Files:

2. Pyrodave1.4

Pyrodave1.4 Pro Firer/Crew

Brave man firing next a car

WR3_Pyro likes this.
  3. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Nicely done :cheers:

WR3_Pyro likes this.
  4. Nice one there mate, I see that your son has his birthday candles curtsy of vivid pyrotechnics.

Grind and WR3_Pyro like this.
  5. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

What were those candles mate?

These kind of events are sometimes tge most memorable.

paul s and WR3_Pyro like this.
  6. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

Yeah it’s my driveway, my car is behind the mrs car even closer :rolleyes: wouldn’t think it was my pride and joy! Nothing a quick rinse down with the hose won’t sort!

@firework CJ well spotted, he specifically request vivid you see ;)

Vivid Pyrotechnics likes this.
  7. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

@danielpyronutter yeah they were vivid 56s, green glitter followed by special white strobe then red glitter, my go to 56 shotter, lovely and simple to get to the QM with little fuss.

Yeah as I put him to bed he said none of his friends would have fireworks for there birthdays to which I responded ‘that is why I am the best dad’ to which he agreed :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Grind, Pyro Pete, Nayls and 5 others like this.
  8. chris 1953

chris 1953 Supports UKFR

nice one mate

WR3_Pyro likes this.
  9. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Sounded like good, harmless fun. The little fella certainly seemed happy.
    :)

WR3_Pyro and danielpyronutter like this.
  10. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

lovely stuff @WR3_Pyro
    Those Vivid candles look really nice.
    Very crackly fountain - funny enough it's the one effect my daughter hates. She seems fine with all manor of salutes/raports now, but fountains with loud crackle...she literally runs away..

Grind likes this.
  11. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

@BarnOwl haha my son loves crackles, and in a low noise display they are borderline acceptable! I’m not a massive fan but that was a klasek 500g sig cone which I had knocking about I wanted to end on salutes but thought middle of January, might upset a few folk :rolleyes:

12. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Ahh it's the Klasek 500g cone...
    Yes prob wise decision not ending on the salutes...give them a few weeks to recover ha...

13. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

Yeah great cones for the money, nice low smoke, powerful and high quality with some varied effects! Yeah our neighbours (One a copper) were saying they were waiting to see if anyone posted anything in the residents groups.. it’s amazing how little people have there ears pressed against the glass listening for fireworks in mid jan.

14. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I think this is probably down to the close proximity of the crackles. For kids a loud, bright fountain a few metres away is probably a lot more scary than bursts 30 odd metres in the sky.
    There’s also the ‘will it or won’t it pop at the end’.

WR3_Pyro and BarnOwl like this.
  15. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

I love those Vivid red glitter bundles. Definitely the best of three version they do.

WR3_Pyro likes this.
  16. I also suffer with that fear, every time I light a conical fountain.. but not just "at the end" ;):eek:

17. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Yep agree. I certainly won’t be lighting a ‘Hail storm fury’ anytime soon....

18. Having a klasek 1000 gram cone go "pop" is not something you want to happen........

19. great stuff. Im really impressed with Vivids stuff.

20. When myself and a few other forum members lit a selection of approximately 40 different conical fountains two Klasek cones did indeed go bang! The only other failure came from an 'Ultra' branded fountain.