Most recent nostalgic bits picked up

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Shanepyromad, Aug 16, 2020.

1. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Circa 2003 @Duskyfuse
    It’s a terrific piece. Cube were top of the tree first 10 years of the millennium.
    Great packaging, product names, and their descriptions always fun and exciting as even this smaller piece shows.
    6FD4CB77-AE5D-4AB4-BB00-2F47AD99220E.jpeg

Shanepyromad and Duskyfuse like this.
  2. It certainly appears to consist of many, many internal tubes!

3. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Yep certainly has. You don't tend to see this piece come up very often, so it's a good find.
    One to keep for sure..

Duskyfuse likes this.
  4. Shanepyromad

Shanepyromad Supports UKFR

Few more items acquired today a full pack of Malaysia made cosmic airbombs
    A couple of loose red dragon airbombs
    Partial pack of bad boy bangers this is the first box I’ve seen since the mid 90s so I’m guessing quite rare also picked up a couple more cosmic boxes a little later than the ones I already have

Attached Files:

5. Shanepyromad

Few more items for the collection

Attached Files:

BarnOwl and TONYB like this.
  6. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Ooh. Can we see inside that Astra ox and the Bad Boy bangers?

7. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Snap @Shanepyromad.
    Also just got these...
    Two great old brands, now sadly defunct.

5589627E-D203-4A67-88DE-9CD6F2E54F03.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Done Fettling likes this.
  8. Red Dragon had some tasty noisy gear back in the day. I had a couple of dummy items that i sent to someone on this forum some yrs back .They were based nr Fireworks Internationals store if i recall correct .

BarnOwl likes this.
  9. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Indeed they did, based In Shropshire.
    Here’s a couple of their early imported items....

351A0EB0-3EF6-40D1-953E-F208B2630E88.jpeg 3089EF25-780C-431C-AAD1-8CE80839D659.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  10. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Plus the brilliant Richter Scale with its vivid colours and loud salutes at the end. Circa 2003/04

5D2588AD-F85B-4653-9FDB-421DF42901AD.jpeg

11. Yes the Richter scale was a beast of a cake . A lad i worked with at the time managed to get me one from Stockport from a undisclosed shop !
    We could only get those noise candles this way for a £1 each which were great..Were those candles 8 shot or more ? :)

12. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Those two cakes are 25 shots each.
    Not seen another Richter scale for a good while - good job I have two still.....

13. Shanepyromad

I bet we got them from the same place aswell yes very sad no longer around very good back in the day I loved red dragon got quite a few of there selection boxes

14. Shanepyromad

Added these to my collection today been after these for some time

Attached Files:

Skywatcher, Duskyfuse and Sparkler like this.
  15. Shanepyromad

Pics as requested mate I’m sure this was the Astra box you wanted pics of?

Attached Files:

Duskyfuse and Sparkler like this.
  16. Shanepyromad

Just a few small items I picked up the other day I don’t have much blue touch standard stuff so this will go nicely with the collection along with a bright star firecracker roll

Attached Files:

17. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Loads of bangers during the 90's had a slurry of comp splodged on the top as a primary ignition. Fiestel &b Benwell were the first I came across. Black Cat also used it and then Astra. Standard's BTP spollette style fuse moved over to Italian Monetti delay fuse which also had a small dollop of grey primaer added to cap the fuse off. It's a european influence from the reibkopf knaller (rub head or friction head cracker). They are still a popular item in north east Europe. Strike like a match on the side of the box and lob at thyne enemy. Though, I don't think any of the UK varients were friction sensitive.

Georgemac101 likes this.
  18. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

Once you get the bug for collecting Blue touch, you won't be able to stop...

19. Shanepyromad

Managed to find a few more items to add to my collection that bring back vivid childhood memories with this red dragon box and various rocket/candle packs
    Also this limited edition Astra VE Day box

Attached Files:

Pyromania and jww like this.
  20. jww

jww Supports UKFR

I guess old pyro is a bit like home cooking - it does not matter so much what it is as what it was - that combination of context and experience, the items in question and the good memories filed away. Great pics of interesting items :) J.