Mr Sparkle Factory made Dummy Boxes

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Escht, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

A couple of Mr Sparkle Dummy Display Boxes made by Standard Fireworks for Octavius Hunt....... just original Standard items with different coloured inks used at time of printing..............

IMG_8659.JPG IMG_8661.JPG

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

and a still sealed box of live items
    IMG_8616.JPG

3. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

You certainly have the touch for finding all these gems. Amazing how much stuff must be just sitting about out there...somewhere...behind cupboards and god knows where else.

A lady came into our shop this year and mentioned (in a half laughing tone) "my dad said he had loads of fireworks and not to bother buying any. They were all from the seventies and after one took off sideways I threw them all in the bin and so here we are buying new ones". My heart sank and so I told her she has just thrown away something collectors would pay good money for and would be preserved as part of our history. When I asked her if they were still in the bin she just sort of looked at me and after a long pause said "no".

So glad there are folks like you trying to save all this stuff and it still amazes me how much keeps being found.

4. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I hear stories all the time about old fireworks being either binned or set off.......... guess we can't save it all.
    To be fair a big chunk of what I have had in last year is from a one off firework wholesalers clearance done by a third party........... I've just been lucky enough to buy a lot of it in bulk.......... once the latest lot is moved on things will go back to something like normal with just the odd small groups of stuff being rescued. I have no doubt there is still a lot out there its just a case of finding it.

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Have unsealed the Mr Sparkle Galaxy Selection box , to reveal the contents
    IMG_8673.JPG IMG_8672.JPG

6. I Actually prefer these to the standard versions :rolleyes:

7. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I'd have loved to have been there and taken in that scent of freshly opened box of Standard.

8. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

30 years on they still pretty much smell the exact same!

Method likes this.
  9. Love the box design, especially the skyline. Is there any mention of Standard on the labels?

10. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Nothing at all
    Just says Distributed by Octavius Hunt . Bristol