My Garage Stash...

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by PyroFanaticPhil, Jan 15, 2017.

1. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Supports UKFR

Yea I've heard there are such things

2. danielpyronutter

Those Jorge imagine are good ain't they

3. Great little rockets.
    Ideal for what I class as as an “ old Skool garden selection box BFN”.

danielpyronutter likes this.
  4. danielpyronutter

Just watched the video, are they 1.4?

5. Yes, true 1.4, not caged, and they are only little buggers..

danielpyronutter likes this.
  6. danielpyronutter

If they are it goes to show you that u can produce a decent rocket as 1.4

Blackpool Fireworks likes this.
  7. danielpyronutter

Wish more manufacturers could produce such things.

That gets me wondering if the rockets from the alpha box and Hallmark boxes are also any good?

8. Only one way to find out... ;):p

9. danielpyronutter

Yea get phil to fire and film for us:D

10. Is this because then the total NEC of the box is classed as 1.3? If that is the case it would make sense for the supplier, i.e. Primed to maybe supply rockets as an external pack only to be sold with the selection box, even a small pack like the Taipan Vipers which are 1.3 75g total NEC and pack a punch. Would that work by keeping the two seperate?

11. Rockets in selection boxes are difficult:
    Physical size is an issue, as is the storage classification.
    If there is a single 1.3 item in a box, then it automatically becomes a 1.3 box, which brings difficulties for us retailers.

For me, a selection box should be Cat2, and cater for a family, garden BFN, with a bit of everything included: a taste of what is available.
    Adding some good, 1.3 rockets, is always a good option, dependant on the customers situation and requirements.

12. Great to see some pictures so early in the year!

As its been circa 6 years since ive bought anything (not been in the UK) are Celtic (a new name to me) a replacement for Cube? Look very similar in the packaging.

13. PyroFanaticPhil

PyroFanaticPhil Supports UKFR

I’ll try my best! Maybe Primed can look at the rockets to perhaps take this selection box to the next level, assuming all the other items are as good as they can be! The 1.3g/1.4g business sounds a bit of a conudrum though, is it even worth including 1.4g rockets!? Perhaps they could ‘re-produce’ Jorge Imagines/Planets which I’m a big fan of!

14. PyroFanaticPhil

15. danielpyronutter

Don't think they are an actual replacement but they are very good in there own right

16. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

It doesn't appear to be, at least from the catalogue info. But if it contains 1.3 rockets , which it does, then it has to be meshed........otherwise 1.3G.

Any other retailers stock this?

17. The fountains in alpha are just "ok" seeing that Johnathen has put a 3.5 min fountain in masquerade up I think primed can follow. Alpha is a much more exspensive box. Imo.

18. Would be interested in what you think of the Alpha box

19. PyroFanaticPhil

Well, as soon as its been fired I’ll give some feedback! Might not be for a while yet though. Looking forward to it!

jrdonn likes this.
  20. @PyroFanaticPhil @paul s The Skycrafter Container Load is 1.4G - the rockets included in this when sold separately are 1.4G (info from LOCEF database).

I don't mind 1.4G rockets in selection boxes. Those who want loud rockets will buy them separately or we usually offer a deal when combined with a cheap pack of 1.3G rockets to add a bit of extra spice in-between the selection box pieces.