New Additions

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by fozzboy, Oct 11, 2018.

1. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Just got these , well Happy .. not sure what year the Standard Box is , no price on it ? IMG_1244.JPG

2. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Presumably the top 2 fireworks in your picture are Wells as can just see the Crown Brand markings on your photo ? Richard Lane could probably date those for you, may guess would be late 30's early 50's at latest , but only an educated guess. Brocks one I would think more likely early 50's......... nice find,... a lot of this early stuff is starting to turn up........ or at least I hope it is..........

3. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Just been looking at these a bit closer.......... are they live ?.
    Not seen Wells with that colour of wax ends before, everything I have on file has an orange wax... ? the fuzepaper looks very new and the wrapper on that Golden Rain looks like it is poorly wrapped, unusual as Wells always had a good quality to them.............. the Brocks Silver Shower. is that just a stain on the label up by the fuzepaper, looks on the photo like burn mark...........
    I'm hoping you are going to say they are live as I love it when we rescues old pyro, no matter who finds it......... obviously not easy to judge without seeing them but they have got me wondering if they are not quite what they first look to be..........
    Kevin

4. fozzboy

fozzboy Supports UKFR

Hi Kev, the wax ends are a brown/orange .. the fuse paper looks ok to me , maybe the light in photo and no burn marks . They have Crown Brand Made by J Wells and Sons LTD London And Colchester