New consumer fireworks championships

Discussion in 'Firework Events And Displays' started by Illusion Fireworks, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks Pro Firer/Crew

OK so announcing this a little earlier than I had planned!

We are setting up our own Firework Champions style consumer fireworks competition next summer, we have a venue, we have an event plan. There are finer details that need to be ironed out but essentially Illusion Fireworks would provide three or four teams with a budget of say £1500 and you would fire a show (choreographed to music?) in front of a paying audience (yes it is a commercial opportunity for us) - Illusion fireworks would then provide a closing display and a winner announced. Winning display will be judged by a small panel of professionals.

This ties in with the launch of our retail business Xplosive Retail (More info soon).

Obviously we would be relying heavily on the support of UKFR members to enter teams and compete so we would offer discounted / free event tickets, maybe a VIP area? We also plan to have some pretty attractive discounts to offer UKFR members in our shop and will in turn be firmly supporting the forum with sponsorship etc from Xplosive Retail.

I guess I need to gauge interest initially, without you guys wanting to take part it's a non start, if we can get three teams minimum together I will get the show on the road and gather interest as the forum gets busy over the season. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

That sounds awesome @Illusion Fireworks . Count me in! I'd definitely be up for doing a display. :)

Might need a separate event forum Karl. @Pyro Pete

3. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

That sounds cool mate!

4. Illusion Fireworks

Lets gauge interest here first and take it from there :)

hofnerite and Sean Smythe like this.
  5. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

6. alasdar

alasdar Pro Firer/Crew

I have a sneaking suspicion that it won’t be an issue to get teams to compete!

7. beeney

beeney Pro Firer/Crew

oh dear I can see the cogs turning already :p:D

8. beeney

beeney Pro Firer/Crew

but yes sounds like a great idea... Suppose it could create a lot of extra interest in consumer fireworks also

9. hofnerite

Definitely. A proper showcase of what can be done with consumer fireworks. Sounds brilliant.

Bucksend and beeney like this.
  10. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Sounds good to me

Geoff Gostage likes this.
  11. Illusion Fireworks

Thanks for breaking this off the other thread Pete and tidying up / giving prominence - when I saw the other thread it seemed like the ideal time to share our plans :)

12. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

This is very exciting news... been lots of interest in a consumer fireworks competition for a long time :)

hofnerite likes this.
  13. If it’s a date that I’m available then count me in, would love to fire a display for a proper crowd :)

14. hofnerite

scoops and beeney like this.
  15. beeney

beeney Pro Firer/Crew

:whistle: you did say friendly competition right

hofnerite likes this.
  16. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Is there such a thing:rolleyes:?

Signum, beeney and hofnerite like this.
  17. luke

luke Pro Firer/Crew

Sounds like fun, date dependant I'd be interested in getting a team together.

18. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

I like the sound of this..... it reminds me of the semi-pro competition event run by MLE years ago. There was a sadness when that came to an end, so I'll look for forward to your venture @Illusion Fireworks. So now I'll have to hope that the date is one I can be free for.

hofnerite likes this.
  19. £1500 of free pyro to fire... who would say no to that. :D

20. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Bring it on:boxer::D

beeney and hofnerite like this.