New member & interested in pyrotech jobs :)

Discussion in 'New Members - Say Hello!' started by miles7, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Hi! I am a new member from manchester, obsessed with fireworks for a long time and after the recent 5th Nov display I saw in manchester platt fields, which was one of the best displays I've ever seen, I'm really interested in being a pyrotechnician or jobs where you can set off fireworks. I'm 23 and dont have any qualificiations beyond A Levels, but am a hard worker and would like to know how I could get started/any training that might need to be done? This forum seems really great, I've been reading so much interesting stuff all night, and it's nice to meet you all.
    Miles :)

2. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

Welcome, im sure someone will soon suggest some companies for you to get in touch with.:D

3. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

4. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Welcome along. If you get in touch with your local firework display companies saying you want to crew I am sure some will be recruiting.

5. Flowerpot Master

Flowerpot Master Pro Firer/Crew

Welcome to the forum.

6. Welcome mate.. Exactly what pyro Pete said, that's what I did., I emailed jubilee and told them a bit about my interest fireworks and why I wanted to crew, and they called me in for an interview, since then they put me on the BPA course, it's a seasonal thing for firers not a full time job. I volunteer to help with prep work and to help out some shows for the experience and the fun of it. So Good luck and send some emails

7. gareth71

gareth71 Pro Firer/Crew

8. geoff

geoff Supports UKFR

Welcome to the forum. :)