Nice Picture

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Richard Lane, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

IMG_7091.JPG
    I like this..reminds us of Good easier times when getting together was ok..NOT now!

2. Done Fettling

Done Fettling Supports UKFR

3. Richard Lane

IMG_3948.JPG
    IMG_4004.JPG
    IMG_4790.JPG
    IMG_5036.JPG
    IMG_5038.JPG
    A group of pictures ...all disconnected..but interesting...particularly the Brocks 5 Guinea selection.

4. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

is that your display cabinet richard ? some great items inside

5. Richard Lane

IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2951.JPG

Tony...Hi..
    No it's not mine..indeed it has some very good items in there in particular the three Brocks mines on the top shelf.
    I have finally ..finally obtained the square Jack in the Box after years and years and years of searching..photo attached as well as the two other Brocks mines shown Along with a really great' Devil Amongst the Taylor's ' also .Brocks.
    I moved house last summer after living in Shropshire for 40+ years..to Cambridgeshire where I've taken a self store unit which I'm converting into a proper showroom for my collection.Watch this space!

6. Golden Zodiac

Golden Zodiac Supports UKFR

I love those photos. They brightened my day in these troubled times. Thank you for showing them again. Chris

Done Fettling likes this.
  7. Richard Lane

Chris...It's a pleasure.:)

8. Done Fettling

I love that description on the 40/- Brock's Mine...Barrage of Thunderbolts :cool:

9. Richard Lane

IMG_5240.JPG
    IMG_5238.JPG
    One of the very best descriptions is on this Standard Mine....just love it!..took forever to find one..literally years and years....then another ....just like the apocryphal bus....turned up!

10. Done Fettling

Attached Files:

Pyromania and Richard Lane like this.
  11. Richard Lane

12. Richard Lane

Something I didn't notice first time looking at..Its Cranes Fireworks yard presumably in Bristol...a well respected and great manufacturer and display operator..sadly closed after a bad accident years and years ago

13. Done Fettling

14. Done Fettling

Some great pictures above i found by accident.I only learned about Cranes through this Forum :)

15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

One of my militaria customers still lives in the family home where he grew up right next to the Cranes site. His mum and an aunt both worked there and he has a lot of knowledge of the site and how it changed . Once this madness is done with I've an invite to spend some time down there which I'm looking forward to doing....... it's a housing estate now. Unfortunately he doesn't have anything from the factory days but remembers a lot about it from relatives and seeing the buildings which the main yard became a racing horse stables after the company closed.........

16. Richard Lane

Kev..nice info that..looking forward to hearing what your trip turns up.....(as I recall you have a particular 'connection' with Cranes! Courtesy of the Radio industry double dealers!:rolleyes:o_O:mad:)

17. Richard Lane

IMG_7151.JPG
    Here's an unusual picture of our mate Guido holding what appears to be some Large Standad Rockets!!

18. Richard Lane

IMG_7152.JPG
    Here's a rare Standard Poster.....

19. Done Fettling

20. Golden Zodiac

Golden Zodiac Supports UKFR