Oblivion

Discussion in 'Evolution Fireworks' started by Duskyfuse, Sep 25, 2020.

1. In this video I fire a 56 shot Oblivion barrage from Evolution Fireworks. Nearing the upper NEC limit and featuring a 30mm inner tube diameter this piece really packed some oomph and its effects burst with a real thud. It gave large breaks, cycled through a multitude of different effects and was very impressive. NEC count 994g.

Category: F3

Hazard Class: 1.3g

Bore size: 30mm

NEC: 994g

RRP: £104.99

2. that looks quite good how much was it and not rrp

3. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

First lesson of forum etiquette, don't ask the price we pay. Cost will vary dependant on what you buy from the supplier, more spent, more discount

paul s, Benpem, Rookwood and 5 others like this.
  4. Hi scoops am very sorry and i was not aware that i shouldn't ask that question. Please take my apology.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    paul s and Duskyfuse like this.
  5. If you shop around for long enough you'll find it for considerably less than the RRP. :cool:

6. just too say again as i am new in did not realize that i shouldn't ask the question of how much you paid for it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  7. maxywell

maxywell Supports UKFR

Nothing wrong with asking the question it just depends what else they bought with it, if they got any deals etc. It'll generally be available on it's own for £70 - 80.

AB Pyro, paul s and Matthew Jones like this.
  8. ok thanks for your reply maxywell

9. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Nothing to be sorry for, it's a question most ask but the answers will be different based on who replies and what they bought at the time. You'll find the sponsors on here very helpful when it comes to discounts and purchasing a great stash:)

10. K9Girl

K9Girl Tinsel Town Sales Reduction Ambassador Supports UKFR

If you pick up one thing (maybe 2) from here @Matthew Jones they are;

1 - Support your sponsors, they are a great source of info and discounts when you buy your stash with them (especially this year)
    2 - Do not buy from Supermarkets, you will get safe, but overpriced, over-packaged and underperforming fireworks (with a very few exceptions)
    Ok, 3 things - Don't put pictures on here of F3 stuff in tiny gardens..............

Apart from that, soak up the advice, no questions are stupid, better to be safe than sorry :):)

nickjee, Matthew Jones and scoops like this.
  11. don't worry i was planning to buy from a sponsor and would never get supermarket fireworks.
    Also my garden is over 25 meters long so no worrying about firing any f3 stuff to close to spectators:)

K9Girl likes this.
  12. also to add to my reply i would be following the rule of at least 1 metre per mm of tube width;)

scoops and K9Girl like this.
  13. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Asking the price paid is a fair question, generally. However, withholding that info is also reasonable (as per the comments above).

To strike a balance it is useful if a rrp is backed up with a ‘generally available for’ price, where possible. This allows less experienced members to make a more informed judgement of the reviews.

It’s especially useful for newbies who have little idea of brands; and that some sell for around rrp less 10%, whilst others are generally 50% off.......before personal deals.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Matthew Jones and PyroAsh like this.
  14. ok thanks for your advice . On the other hand though i know about some of the best brands like celtic, jorge and vivid pyrotechnics to name a few, all of which have amazing products and am hoping to possibly try some of this year:D

15. i'm based in east sussex, nearish brighton.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Pidgey likes this.
  16. m
    my edit didn't save
    I'm based in uckfield which is nearish brighton.

17. Yeah you'll have a few sponsors close to you then

18. ok thanks pidgey, i will be buying frrom letsparty fireworks which would be my nearest sponsor.

Pidgey and scoops like this.