Old bright star air bombs

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by rlt331, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Came across a couple of packs of bright star air bombs in my garage not sure how long they have been there.

Are they worth anything or even worth keeping?

Thanks

2. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Collectable nowadays. Don't fire them!
    If you want to get rid, post in the Collectables section of this forum and I'm sure you'll get a good price for them.

3. Are they the red ones or the black ones?

4. I've added a pic

Attached Files:

5. Ah yes I remember those well. Worth keeping hold of in a biscuit tin somewhere lol

6. Are they worth anything?

7. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

Don't think they're worth much tbh. I have several spare packs which I've tried to sell on here and got no interest ... fired some tonight actually :D

Gazfire1983 and rlt331 like this.
  8. 99p back in the day .

9. LOL

Any idea on the rough age of these

10. Air Bomb King

Early 2000's I reckon ... they were the best (loudest!) ones :D The 90's ones were black.

rlt331 likes this.
  11. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

I always thought the orange spike ones seemed louder lol they also had a slightly bigger tube ;)

12. Air Bomb King

Yeah I have both and definitely thought they seemed louder last time I compared. Didn't realise they had bigger tubes though ... also they're sealed with cellophane type stuff as opposed to the paper on the black spiked ones.

ashley_ng likes this.
  13. They were the smallest cheapest ,brightstar airbombs .

14. Is it worth keeping them or not?

15. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

I personally would fire these for old times sake, but thats me, I dare say they are of some value to someone of this era, as someone who is in the old school club don’t have any clue as to what someone would pay for them from a collectors point of view.

16. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

They are with what someone is willing to pay for them. Post in the collectors section and see if there's interest.

17. Air Bomb King

I advertised a few spare packs for sale on here and only got one taker ... and was only asking a tenner for them! I'm guessing all the collectors who wanted them already have a pack as they were floating around on here several years ago, they may be worth a bit in years to come though. They're great little air bombs though ... and one of my personal favourites - I grew up in that era.

Bright Star Air Bombs.jpg

Gazfire1983 likes this.
  18. Well I have a few packs so I think I will At least fire 1 pack for old times sake

Gazfire1983 likes this.
  19. I fired a few Astra thunderbombs last night! I wasn’t going to touch them but my 6 year old son persuaded me... All four of them fired perfectly! The TNT loud and clear were no match for the classic airbomb.

Air Bomb King likes this.
  20. Air Bomb King

I fired a pack of the coloured thunderbombs last night too. Very decent!

Gazfire1983 likes this.