Old or Rare Selection Boxes

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by danielpyronutter, Jan 28, 2020.

1. First time i have seen those two BTP rockets with plastic headers before. I lost out on the flagged Standard Fireworks era as i went Cat 4 around that era .I saw a bit of stuff but only Viscofied (if that's a term !) hence those two rockets are a mix of old and new era's i never saw...Good stuff :)

2. jww

jww Supports UKFR

I wonder how many *hours* of prep would be required - from start to finish - to rig that party box ? - inc. assembling all the materials, waterproofing, ensuring fuses available in the dark, good posts for wheels etc ? JW.

3. jww

jww Supports UKFR

That - Viscofied - would be great on "Who wants to be a Billionaire?" - quiz - the final question - "in what context would you need to ensure everything was correctly Viscofied?" - for a billion £ - I kinda think the money would be safe :) JW.

4. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

In complete contrast in size to the Lion box shown by @JayT previously, this Cougar box has bags of appeal with some older GL items gracing it’s presence.

Pollinating Bees in all its different guises was pretty much in all the small to medium Cat boxes. I like this version best with the solitary bee artwork on top and bottom of piece.

28DFB948-43AF-4DF0-8CD9-876897DD702C.jpeg E3C06EAA-D29B-4519-AA5B-829122F901BF.jpeg

5. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

4C225297-95E8-4106-810D-6AC40925659C.jpeg Centurion box from early millennium. Don’t see too many of these around, so guess it fits the thread title.
    Still sealed, but needs to be opened and contents fired......

6. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

Lovely jubbly, look in top top condition too @BarnOwl

BarnOwl likes this.
  7. Golden Lion "Mine of Abundant Noise" what can you say other than what a great description .Quality that :)

BarnOwl likes this.
  8. WR3_Pyro

WR3_Pyro Supports UKFR

We can’t deny that GL knocked it out of the park when it came to their naming conventions

BarnOwl likes this.
  9. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

They certainly did, I think there is a thread on here somewhere when discussing most of the names of them.

It was the Cosmic group at their very best. Great names, artwork, packaging, performance and effects....

Done Fettling and WR3_Pyro like this.
  10. I remember those morrisons deals they were awesome , used to get all my fireworks from there and lidl 20 years ago

11. JayT

JayT Supports UKFR

20201102_162305.jpg
    A few old Bright Star boxes. I know it's not the greatest brand in the world these days but the early items in the 90s were stunning to a school boy like me. We had the Family and Bonfire 'in period' and I bought a Guy Fawkes just like this on my first 'solo' pyro shopping trip in 2002.

12. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

The early Brightstar stuff was bloody good stuff for budget grade pyro. Then, like some others, they lost their magic. Black Cat being another.

Air Bomb King and Peter Mackett like this.
  13. Bright Star were originally Esco and they imported fantastic fireworks from both China and Weco, never quite the same once they changed.

14. JayT

JayT Supports UKFR

IMG-20201105-WA0009.jpg IMG-20201105-WA0011.jpg IMG-20201106-WA0003.jpg
    Unusual box from a now defunct brand.

Peter Mackett likes this.
  15. A box with a parachute in it, never seen that before!

16. Where in the world did you find the Heroes box @JayT ?

Thought they were long gone!

17. I remember the single cake version :)

18. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

That parachute cake looks well dodgy!

Done Fettling likes this.
  19. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

I agree ..but I presume the burning time of the flares are very limited to prevent accidental fires!!

20. At home on the 5th and restless rothy.

So fired some odds and ends including a couple of tubes of 'spinning parachute' i.e. a small catherine wheel on the chute - over 20 years old and they worked perfectly.

The originals were up to 100 shot and there was always a rush of youngsters to collect the parachutes from the field at the end of the show - just a single rope barrier in those days.

Edit - Richard, please don't tell me they could have been worth ££££ unfired!
    P1010434.JPG