Other Hobbies?

Discussion in 'Non-Pyro chat' started by Flare Path, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Flare Path

Flare Path Supports UKFR

What else do UKFR members enjoy doing? Arts, crafts, sports, collections, talents - what else makes you tick besides things with pyro? :)

Bucksend likes this.
  2. Delly67

Delly67 Supports UKFR

Love my PS4 Pro when I get time to play on it. I am also building a model railway (a childhood dream of mine) Love a good movie too. Unfortunately though I don't get much free time to enjoy these things these days.

3. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

Amongst a few things, my main pastime is making pattern welded damascus custom knifes.
    See here.
    This starts with 21 pieces of steel, folded and manipulated to give a tractor tyre tread pattern with 80 layers total.
    The handle is plum from the commissions grounds.
    _20180418_205735.JPG
    _20180418_205655.JPG

Da main mouse on youtube
    Damainmouseknives on ig

4. Flare Path

Flare Path Supports UKFR

Anything you've enjoyed this year?

@Da Main Mouse - those look a serious bit of kit; very impressive. How long have you been doing that?

Bucksend and Da Main Mouse like this.
  5. Delly67

Delly67 Supports UKFR

@Flare Path the only thing I've played this year is Destiny 2 which I played with family and friends, Mass Effect Andromeda and Uncharted 4. Got a few unopened as yet like Assassins Creed Origins, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and a couple of others. I am pondering getting Red Dead 2 at the mo if I could find time to immerse myself in it..

Bucksend and Flare Path like this.
  6. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

About 3 years or so now mate
    My mrs has been thoroughly enjoying red dead 2.

7. RocketRev

RocketRev Moderator Supports UKFR

Whisky & Photography. -- Photography's been almost a life long interest, one that started before I was a teenager. Obviously, whisky as a hobby didn't start that long ago. It did so as the result of a challenge set me in my early days as a clergyman.

Fell and Alpine walking has been an interest of mine since early childhood days, although looks like becoming curtailed by increasingly old and dodgy knees.
    Electronics was another childhood hobby that I still dabble in and my computer interests grew from that.
    Oh, and I really enjoy cooking - with a particular interest in confectionery and ice cream making.

8. UKChrisT

UKChrisT Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Car detailing, a hobby which lead into a business 3 years ago. It's been a pleasure to work on cars from £1000-150k+ and from all eras. IMG_7564.JPG

9. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Beach combing for me when I need a nature fix. Shark's teeth (we have some wonderful bays with London clay on the Suffolk coast that throw up the occasional megalodon teeth the size of your hand!), amber, sea glass, agates, some which I tumble and polish, some interesting industrial waste and salvage stuff too near Southwold and Covehithe where the coast is eroding at alarming rates.

deans6571, Jon, Da Main Mouse and 4 others like this.
  10. dogsbody

dogsbody Pro Firer/Crew

Canoe coach, help out with school stage shows (generally set building and stage managing but have done sound/lighting).

11. Bucksend

Bucksend Supports UKFR

Time evades me at the moment but my main interest is the drums, not played in a long time but planning on getting a new drum kit and teaching my son's :)

Good idea for a thread, I bet(well, I know!) we have a wealth of knowledge and skills amongst us!

12. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

In my spare time (haha) I write music and play (hoard) various guitars and basses - hence my Hofner loving username. Bit of piano here and there.
    Really want to create the perfect pyromusical track one day. I think it would be cool to design the pyro first and then write the music ;)

13. Bucksend

Bucksend Supports UKFR

Love that idea!

Let me know if you need procession haha

Flare Path likes this.
  14. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Not sure about that but I'll let you know if I need percussion! ;):D

15. ianw

ianw Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Pinball....

Here's a few of them..

DSC_0043.JPG

16. argentc

argentc Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Off road driving competitions

Nationals.jpg

17. Bucksend

Bucksend Supports UKFR

FFS, what a moron! haha

18. elmo

elmo Pro Firer/Crew

Shooting for me, be it clays, game or vermin

Flare Path likes this.
  19. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Used to do archaeology until Saturday's became pyro related..
    Used to love digging up skeletons, kinda peaceful weirdly.

20. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

I collect sharks teeth as well!

Charlie, Flare Path and Pyro Pete like this.