Our Love Is In Danger

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Tinderbox, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I spend some of my time hanging around this nostalgia area of the forum. I rarely look through any of the other areas though I am very much involved in both the retail of fireworks and professional displays. Some of you may be aware that the UK consumer fireworks trade is in very real danger of being removed all together. Stopping YOU from buying the things you love most and enjoying them responsibly.

I have looked through the following thread and whilst I see a lot of folks getting involved, most of those being active are trade professionals with a sprinkling of enthusiasts. It is going to take all of us to fight this. I encourage you all to read through the thread and then ACT in whatever way you can. So far most of the submissions to government are from the anti brigade. we need to counter this or else this entire forum will be reduced to nothing more than the nostalgia of consumer fireworks. Forever gone with nothing else to do but reminisce and share photos of our saved collections.

https://www.fireworks-forum.org.uk/...ireworks-association.34764/page-9#post-425961

https://www.parliament.uk/business/...nt-2017/fireworks-inquiry-17-19/publications/

Firefiend likes this.
  2. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Some of us old farts have seen similar many times in our lives, the gobby minority trying to ban pyros. I'm not saying we should be complacent, but it ain't going to happen, trust me. Sure, "quiet desperation is the English way" but if you think our Asian and Chinese brothers and sisters are going to give up their pyro, you're tripping.
    Whilst I appreciate your good intentions Mr Tinderbox, could you dial the hysteria button down from 11 please? :cool::):D

standard steve likes this.
  3. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

I'll hold you to those words. Thanks for your concern.

4. wilkins1kc

wilkins1kc Pro Firer/Crew

There is a somewhat older quotation...."The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

GTRpyro and Tinderbox like this.
  5. We're doomed captain, doomed! :p:D:eek:o_O;)

6. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

The usual waffle by the anti-firework brigade! Thankfully a Chris Galvin has provided a good analysis of the real situation.

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  7. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

First on the list ;):cheers: