Pain's and Pains-Wessex Fireworks (Updated)

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Firefiend, Feb 11, 2018.

1. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

That box dates from 1911 so I wasn't around in them days .....Kevin might know :)
    yew tree to me it sounds like a name for a small fountain
    Just noticed there's an example of a yew tree on Kevin's pains poster on page 1 of this thread

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. Richard Lane

Richard Lane Supports UKFR

IMG_2680.JPG Martin You probably have this old D a T..R

3. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Thanks Richard. I have that one. Amazing it is still around in such perfect condition.

4. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Yew Tree - Hold-in-Hand Firework :)
    Yew Tree (P-M3).jpg

5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

After a complete wipe-out on my old computer I think I managed to save all my photo files from the old hard drive...... had been on Windows Xp now up to date on new system with Windows 10. Lost graphics card and then motherboard........ I hate auto passwords when this happens..busy trying to rebuild all my login passwords, over the years they changed and not all the same anyway..... time for old fashioned notebook somewhere safe.........
    The Pains box I mentioned.
    I think between Steve A and myself that we tied it down to around 1938....
    PAINS 5 SHILLING GREEN  088.jpg PAINS 5 SHILLING GREEN END084.jpg

6. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Google Chrome using a Google account would have synced them back...

Firefiend likes this.
  7. Richard Lane

Kev..the simple beauty of computers!o_O

Firefiend likes this.
  8. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Thanks Kev. I have uploaded it now as I found it on the other thread. I did post after it.This box is shown on your 1939 list. Good luck with the computer. My mobile packed up a couple of weeks ago and that was bad enough!! I use a little program called Password Safe which is very good.

9. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

I've updated the images with all of the boxes and fireworks shown on Kev's 1939 Price List. It has added around 100 images.

Escht likes this.
  10. Richard Lane

IMG_4950.JPG IMG_4951.JPG Martin..looking thru this morning..found these..some you've probably already got..but you never know...the site page is looking increasingly impressive...Good work that man!!

Firefiend and Peter Mackett like this.
  11. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Many thanks Richard. This added three images as I am keeping all of the variations. The Pinwheel I had was for the European market and yours in British. The Humming Spider I had did not have a red spike and yours does. I can remember this change occurring and being very disappointed as they look much better with spikes! The Jumbo Jet I had was the first design made at Salisbury whereas yours is the second type with the colour coded price band.

12. Richard Lane

M..;)...R

Firefiend likes this.
  13. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

This might be needed, ..... Pains Jet Comet 1 1/2d James Pain & Sons Ltd London...... existing picture shows blurred on my screen.
    PAINS JET COMET  penny halfpenny.JPG

Richard Lane and Firefiend like this.
  14. Firefiend

Firefiend Supports UKFR

Thanks Richard, it was very blurred and unpriced!

Richard Lane likes this.
  15. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Found this in my files, cleaner looking version than the one you have listed, might be of use....
    PAINS WESSEX SUNSET STRIP.JPG

Going through my files and finding lots that only have img ref so don't show up in my Pains or Pains Wessex .searches..Slowly going through everything and updating file names
    Kevin

Firefiend and Richard Lane like this.
  16. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Also dug this one out, notice Roman Candle on a stick, don't know if anything in here is of use to you. I haven't yet found a single detail photo of it so presumably just did contents picture
    Kevin

PAINS 3 SHILLING BOX CONTENTS.JPG

17. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

I can't see this one on your list but could be wrong
    Pains 4d Roman Candle
    PAINS  4d  ROMAN CANDLE.JPG

18. Richard Lane

Kev..the one on the stick..I see it's a Golden Rain...and noticeably larger than usual..making it quite unusual ..I've never seen one of these....presumably this version was created for safer hand held use.....
    ..and the gawky Roman soldier on the RC...this comes...for my money..during the best of wrap designs from Pains...

Firefiend likes this.
  19. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Red Light I can identify as 6d version
    PAINS 6d RED LIGHT.JPG

20. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Sky Rocket can confirm as 3d
    pains 3d sky rocket.jpg

this one I can confirm as 4d
    pains 4d rocket.jpg pains 4d rocketdet.jpg

Also can't see the Pains Silver Spray in your listing, only have this group shot so not sure how well it will come out, again with wooden dowel handles.
    PAINS GROUP.jpg