POLL: Cosmic Mega Air-bomb vs. Bright Star Proton Bomb?

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by Air Bomb King, Nov 20, 2018.

?

Which was the loudest?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2018.
  1. Cosmic Mega Air-bomb

40.7%
  2. Bright Star Proton Bomb

51.9%
  3. They were both evens!

7.4%
  1. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

Myself and @ashley_ng have just been debating which one of these two legends is louder? Cast your vote ;)

20181120_212012.jpg

20181028_170447.jpg

2. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Always thought Mega airbomb had the edge personally :p lmao

3. Protons all the way!! A proper TI salute !!

Duskyfuse likes this.
  4. Proton Bombs were excessively loud!

pyro_man and Duskyfuse like this.
  5. Bring one down mate we can fire a
    Dum Bum vs proton to add to the Vs challenge collection !!

Air Bomb King likes this.
  6. Definitely proton bomb.

7. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

It's no debate - Cosmic without doubt.

I fired many of both back in the day.

ashley_ng likes this.
  8. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

I voted Cosmic too... just seem to remember it being louder. But those were my Stella days too, so everything is a blur ;)

pyro_man likes this.
  9. Don't know what people are on, but Cosmic Mega's are definately not louder than Proton Bombs, and I'm the world's biggest Cosmic fan boy and fired both in recent times. Proton Bombs are a proper Titanium Salute.

Gazfire1983 and pyro_man like this.
  10. Having fired both recently, I vote Mega Air Bomb are definitely louder. Id say youve fired duds to believe otherwise.

11. ashley_ng

ashley_ng Supports UKFR

Got to agree bud, prefer brightstar over cosmic personally but got to admit all the megas ive fired against protons have been louder lmao..

LukeA likes this.
  12. Are you all mad ?!? Lol protons are bloody loud only one thing to do :dontask:

13. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

the correct answer

Gazfire1983, Duskyfuse and pyro_man like this.
  14. Flowerpot Master

Flowerpot Master Pro Firer/Crew

Protons all the way!

pyro_man likes this.
  15. Tinderbox

Tinderbox Pro Firer/Crew

Thinking about this, we are overlooking quality of sound by focusing on volume. To me the Proton Bomb had a harder/sharper report where as the Mega was a bit bassier. It had a deeper boom. Both could easily be within the same decibel range but both had their own sound signature. Personally I preferred the Mega to the Proton purely because it was a deeper. more menacing boom. Protons always seemed a bit harder hitting with a much sharper sound. So there. I haven't chosen on loudness. Just preference to tonality and feel. Plus, Mega also had a nice coloured comet too.

Gazfire1983 likes this.
  16. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Cosmic mega airbombs were insane. I miss those days!!

Air Bomb King likes this.
  17. Much louder and a proper Ti salute!!

TONYB, ianw and Air Bomb King like this.
  18. Air Bomb King

Air Bomb King Lord Of Noise Supports UKFR

I agree with everything you say there about the different types of sound, they differ noticeably. However, in regards to basing your vote on that aspect, the poll is focused purely on volume hence the question being "which is louder" as that's what we're trying to establish. If you feel the Mega is louder though, then fair play.

Is that your video @Pyro Ed ?

@pyro_man - There's another Proton video on your channel which I think does it more justice than that one ... seems to pick up the echo more. Saying that though, no video in the world could ever give us an accurate reflection of either of these two beasts!

pyro_man likes this.
  19. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

Yep. An original from back in the day. Amazing echo! Glad Facebook didn't exist then...

pyro_man likes this.
  20. Well the votes are level pegging but will we ever have factual proof?! :p