Pyro Music

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by deans6571, Mar 12, 2019.

1. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

Couldn't find a thread solely on this subject so thought I'd create one as a bit of fun during these quiet months....

Which music soundtracks/pieces of music have you used/planning on using in your displays?

I currently have the following (in no particular order) saved on YouTube in a playlist :

• Best EVER O Fortuna - Carl Orff Carmina Burana
    • Sky - Toccata
    • jean michel jarre - oxygene part 4
    • jean michel jarre - Equinoxe 5
    • Chariots Of Fire
    • Queen - Flash
    • War Of The Worlds (The Eve Of The War) - Jeff Wayne
    • Apollo 440 - Can't Stop The Rock
    • Matrix Shooting Spree Music
    • O Fortuna
    • Pirates of the Caribbean - "He's a pirate" (Hans Zimmer & Klaus Badelt)
    • Tomoyasu Hotei - Battle Without Honor or Humanity
    • Doctor Who Theme XI (Matt Smith)
    • Doctor Who 2013 Extended Theme with Middle 8
    • Thunderbirds: 1960s TV series intro - 5-4-3-2-1 countdown and theme music
    • 2001: A Space Odyssey Theme

I'd be interested to see which pieces of music you guys have used......
    :)

2. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

Try this thread
    The UKFR Playlist...:rolleyes:

3. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

No need for the sarcastic smiley.....

And besides, the last post in that thread was 5 years ago so not really current is it.......

4. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

No offence ment, sorry. And you might be looking at the wrong thread as the last post was only 8 days ago.

5. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks British Firework Champions 2018 UKFR Sponsor

No it wasn’t, it was 8 days ago...

I think I have designed shows to all but one of the tracks above, some classics there :)

deans6571 likes this.
  6. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

....can’t seem to find that thread? Can you link to it?

7. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

deans6571 likes this.
  8. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

...so in a 10-15 minute display containing around 15 separate pieces of pyro, how many pieces of music should I be looking at using (I initially thought 1 music track per cake but I think this is overkill!) ?

9. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Depends how synchronised you want it to be, how accurate you want the timings etc. I use 4 or 5 songs for a 10 minute display and cut each down to 2 minutes or so.
    If you are using e-matches then it's the start of the cake that should be sync'd with the music ideally for best effect. With CAT3 it's difficult to get accuracy but it can be done.

deans6571 likes this.
  10. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

...I've mainly been using YouTube vids to gain a rough estimate on timings of cakes and then tried to find some appropriate music to fit.

Last year was my first attempt with music but didn't really work too well as I was hand firing everything (didn't take this into consideration) + the duration of my selection box threw all the timings out massively (can never find duration of these!!). This year I will be using my newly acquired 32 cue system to fire everything (using a combo of consumer match and electric match igniters) - still not sure how to time the selection box though...!!

11. hofnerite

What selection box is it? If it's the smaller type then pair up or triple up the fountains and use them at the start and/or as buffer pieces in case you get gaps or to fill time between songs.

deans6571 likes this.
  12. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

Be careful mixing and matching ematches and types. If you are firing cues with a mix on same cue then the igniters may pop before the talons get hot enough to ignite. Equally if you have igniters on one cue and talons on another which fire together, the igniters will pop first and normally short stealing current from the talons (unless you have a system that current limits cues).

13. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

....apologies for the noob questions as haven't actually used it yet, but are you saying to either use ALL e match igniters or ALL consumer match igniters on all 32 cues and not to use a combo of both (i.e. not to have e match igniters on cues 1 to 5 and consumer match igniters on cues 6 to 10 for example?) ?

14. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

I normally opt for something like Hallmark's Treason box, which as about 14 ground effects - its difficult to try and estimate how long a box like this would take to fire?

15. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

If you are firing each cue seperate, say greater than 2 seconds apart, and each cue will only have one type attached, then you will be fine ;)

deans6571 likes this.
  16. hofnerite

Quality box but depending how much you are paying for it you could get a much better variety buying separate fireworks and also more likely to be on YouTube so easier to work out timings. How big is your garden?
    I'd happily recommend items if you want any help. Don't want to tread on toes though if you're happy choosing what you know!

17. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

I generally get my pyro from a sponsor on here and just grab a selection box (like the Hallmark) from my local garden centre (who normally stock some of the smaller brands), to use as filler in my display, before firing the bigger stuff but thanks for the offer anyway. :) Garden is just about 25 metres.

If the items in a selection box were fired one after another, do you think realistically, 5 minutes would be about a rough time or would this be too long?

18. Jon

Jon Pro Firer/Crew

I have just taken my Chinese 6 cue unit apart just out of interest and I have found that if you try to fire more than one channel it will select the last channel pressed to fire. Also, if you fire close together the unit doesn't fire more than one simultaneously. By default it gives just over 2 secs firing pulse which is good for a talon but if you fire another channel within that time it turns off the firing channel to then fire the next channel. Worth thinking about as if you fire channels in quick succession it shows that all your talons might fail as it cuts each channel off. So quick firing would have to be done on ematches and not talons.

deans6571 likes this.
  19. hofnerite

Depends on what's in the box. Personally I'd swap the selection box with a pack of three Jorge strobes (01:00 and about £6) and then a Celtic Glacier Rising (01:39 and £10-£12) then a wheel such as Celtic Spin On This (01:00 and £12-£15) Three amazing effects, much better than any selection box and with plenty of money left over.

deans6571 likes this.