Pyrotechnics Guild International

Discussion in 'Firework Events And Displays' started by Locky Smith, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Anyone ever been?. I'm going out in 2019 if anyone fancies it.

Pyro Ed likes this.
  2. Illusion Fireworks

Illusion Fireworks British Firework Champions 2018 UKFR Sponsor

Always fancied it, one year maybe :)

3. Got any more info? Tempting.

4. It's between the 10th and 17th August this year. Clashes with both St Mary's in Malta and Plymouth.
    I'm flying direct to Denver then driving up to Gillette Wyoming. There is a great page on Facebook that links people with Rv's to rent, I've booked one €800/week that will be sited at the venue so I won't have to drive in/out each day. On Wednesday there is a public show by Grucci, then we're doing the closing show on Friday. It's going to be a stonker as it's the 50th anniversary of the PGI.
    Have you seen Bill Corbets fireballs? He did 660 gallons last year, I hope I can spare some time while I'm there to have a play. He's invited me out to Oshkosh airshow but that's at the end of July, I can't stay for both unfortunately.

5. Damp Squib

Damp Squib Supports UKFR

Don't forget to pack a camera...;)

6. Dominator Shoots Grand Public Display - Finally, Dominator & IPC are proud to announce that we have been chosen to shoot the Grand Public Display at the Pyrotechnics’ Guild International’s 50th anniversary in August 2019. Given that this is the 50th anniversary, PGI is pulling out all the stops and this will be NO ORDINARY PGI. If you have never been to a PGI, this will be the event that you will not want to miss. The contracts are all being signed so we can’t revel company names just yet. But in addition to Dominator capping the week with the Grand Public Display, there will be at least four other World Renowned/World Record holding companies shooting shows that week. All shows will be top class, 1.3g pyro-musicals. Can Dominator compete? Can Dominator, Dominate? Come and see for yourself and you decide! All the best,

Copied from a Dominator post

7. Da Main Mouse

Da Main Mouse Supports UKFR

Id love to do PGI, alas the chances are not great for me, but they say you smell pyro from miles away and if its your first time toPGI you have to lose your 6inch salute virginity!

Mmmm 6inch salutes and girondolas.

Id love to make a huge girando an stack to drop salutes off on the way up so it kinda looked like a huge italian multibreak that just keeps going.

Locky Smith likes this.
  8. blackbat

blackbat Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

You can do that a lot closer to home :)

9. Da Main Mouse

That almost sounded like an offer!

10. It was.

Da Main Mouse likes this.
  11. Da Main Mouse

:)