Secondhand HT1 store wanted.

Discussion in 'Professional Fireworks' started by Charlie, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Charlie

Charlie Pro Firer/Crew

Hi all,
    Looking to purchase an HT1 store that complies with the HSE's Explosive Regulations 2014 Security Provisions, i.e. fully welded steel 6mm construction and not an ISO container. Ideally 5' squarish but can go bigger or slightly smaller if it's available.
    Cheers, Charlie

2. Pyromania

Pyromania Pro Firer/Crew

I’m sure Titanium had one for sale a while back - not sure if they ever shifted it or not? Might be worth a call...

3. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

Older stores may have an old Erebus lock which is not a current standard size and cannot be replaced without a lot of work to the hard steel.

4. I've just replaced 4 locks on a friends explosive stores. His were Bramah.
    If you do get one with small round (about) 6mm hole, it's a bramah. Extra keys are incredibly expensive if you don't get the registration card.
    Also worth waiting to see what happens with KF, I know they have some with dodgy locks that I can help with

argentc and elmo like this.
  5. Arthur

Arthur Pro Firer/Crew

The HT1 store that I have seen was a large safe mounted to the concrete slab with an ISO container over the top. The container was alarmed, the safe was alarmed and the space between the two was alarmed with pressure pads and PIR and ultrasonics. Being a HE store it's aim was to deter intruders for long enough after first alarm that armed police could get there.

Noting that the regs are 5 years old, (so known for about 6 years) is it likely that there will be (many) second user units around?

http://www.handgexplosives.co.uk/ Quoted me "a cheque for about 10K" for a 7ft fully HE compliant store with locks.