Small / medium rockets

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by Pidgey, Feb 12, 2021.

1. That time of year again where im starting to think about this year's display. Hopefully can go ahead this time round!
    Been asked if we could leave big rockets out of the display due to people complaining about finding the sticks in there garden, so was looking for suggestions on small/medium rockets that would fill a gap more than form part of the display/finale.
    I'm guessing the best type would be the "hawk" type but having fired most of the ones available I was looking for other ideas, or a new "hawk" variant could take my fancy?
    Not going to be firing volleys either so would need to have a bigish burst.

Any ideas guys ??

2. Any of the Funke rockets would foot the bill, even the small ones are excellent and any of the Primed rockets too.

Saltpetre and Pidgey like this.
  3. Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    bernie fingers and Pidgey like this.
  4. Lazarus1258

Lazarus1258 Pro Firer/Crew

5. Those Reapers look stunning! Does anybody know the NEC count? Given Vivid’s ability to produce very bright colours I expect that they could be the hawk to beat!

6. Lol

7. 68g I believe

Duskyfuse likes this.
  8. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Those Reapers look very interesting, don't forget you have the Funk Bomben, himmelsturmer etc also which are outstanding and different.

Pidgey likes this.
  9. Was thinking some of the funke would be nice, just a pain that only two shops stock them :(

The brand's I can remember firing personally are bright star, night star, menshun, Celtic, hallmark, firework king and primed. Fired the double burst ones too but didn't like them.
    Seen videos of others and was at the west mids hawk shoot out. Your ones look very nice and have really good reviews, I look forward to some footage of the vivid ones to see where they stand.

10. The small Funke rockets we had NYE were incredible for the size, great effects and crazy hang time. For £12 Cannot be beaten for the size and price in my experience so far

11. Dynamite Fireworks

Dynamite Fireworks Pro Firer/Crew

Hallmark Sky Hunters went down very well for us last year.

rhydal, The Powder Keg and Pidgey like this.
  12. Sky Raider from Primed are great for the size and hawks so many to go at with The Rocks, Absolutes version and now Vivids version ..... ooohhhh did i mention Lightning Hawks as well lol

The Powder Keg and Pidgey like this.
  13. We are trying to figure a way of having some other stockists.

14. Goldfunken, Bomben, Himmelssturmers,kometen, Super- bomben , these i would say are the best rockets in the UK having fired them and compared them to all other rockets that are available these vary from 20g-100g.

15. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

16. Another pack that are really good are Luna Rockets from Zeus, only 1.4 but still a decent bang and nice, bright colours and effects.

Zeus Fireworks and elmo like this.
  17. Saltpetre

Saltpetre Pro Firer/Crew

The smaller packs from Epic were always pretty good for the size & price

Peter Mackett likes this.
  18. count me in for some

RCT, K9Girl and nickjee like this.
  19. Primed moonshot rockets are unreal for the size, tiny aswell so hardly any fallout

Peter Mackett likes this.
  20. K9Girl

K9Girl Tinsel Town Sales Reduction Ambassador Supports UKFR

elmo and Zeus Fireworks like this.