standard £1.00 box , rare !

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by standard steve, Dec 9, 2019.

1. standard steve

standard steve Supports UKFR

2. standard steve

taken over a year to purchase this box , theres rare items in it , some 1930s , the box , could be late 40s , early 50s . ive never seen one
    of these boxes ever . strange spike on the star shell , the yellow lighter wick is massive .
    course cardboard box , I think due to shortage of paper & card after the war, so I think they used what ever they could find .
    theres wall paper used on some of the fireworks. enjoy chaps ! ss

3. danielpyronutter

danielpyronutter Pro Firer/Crew Supports UKFR

Wow, lovely, would love to find a case of something like this just to be able to fire 1 and see what it all does, maybe 1 day.

4. standard steve

5. WoW Nice Find!

standard steve likes this.
  6. Were those snow drops supposed to be hung up?

7. standard steve

these rockets came from the same place, 4 boxes & dual priced so 1970. 3 of the boxes may go up sale

julian morris likes this.
  8. standard steve

no there hand held , early plastic handle , theres a 3d spitfire in the pics , with a wooden handle .

9. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

what a fantastic box ss .......and that elusive rising sun was well worth the waiting around

Snowstorm and standard steve like this.
  10. Wow stunning box

11. I have a set of those rockets but i have the yellow one instead of the blue one, is that Star Shell original to that box as i never knew they were using that design that long ago?, i do remember the boxes being absolutely full like this one is.

12. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

Without a doubt the best Standard box contents I've ever seen............. a lot of items in there are a first for me............ great result and I know what you had to go through over last 14 months trying to get this deal sorted.

Pyro Pete and standard steve like this.
  13. standard steve

are rockets dual priced or size 5 . ? the box came has his . its a 1 shilling version , look at the spike , never seen one like that before ?

14. Pure class, very nice indeed. I remember a fair number of those from the late fifties . As for the hand held lovelies how I enjoyed walking around with snowdrops Spitfires and I also remember Golden Rains that had an amusing cartoon of a boy leaning over a wall 'raining' sparks onto another boy. Golden Rains I seem to remember you held on to a little squashed/ crimped wax end and hoped your fingers didn't get scorched . . . . I can almost still smell that wax. These fireworks are at the very earliest limit of my childhood, you are a very lucky chap Standard Steve, CONGRATULATIONS!

Pyro Pete and standard steve like this.
  15. Mine are the later size 5 ones.

16. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

Very nice little lot, how those rockets remained exactly the same up to

17. standard steve

Jamie , standard kept some of the same design labels from the 30s right up to the end of the blue touch period . I suppose why change if it
    sells, like Heinz beans ! has simple as it is those dual priced rocket heads are 50 years old . these old fireworks we find to be fair ,
    should not have survived . I never kept them as a kid !
    ss

18. standard steve

ive another box to post Jamie , which came from the same source , a dual priced £2.00 box . not bad for a little lot ! also 50 years old .
    ss

19. Jamie Thornton

Jamie Thornton Supports UKFR

Cheers Steve, can’t wait to see that also, yes its great
    they’ve survived in such good condition, is the red spike plastic on
    that star shell repeater Steve?, another timeless design on that one
    and also the rising sun went all way to the end but blue stripe design later
    but not changed in overall design.

Pyro Pete likes this.
  20. standard steve

hi Jamie, early plastic spike , not like the cone type we all know , its like four flat blades , never seen that type ever .
    yes the 70s onwards rising sun was mainly blue , if you go to the vintage poster post on the forum , ive a 1936 poster on there showing
    a 6d priced version of the one ive just got, it was a bit of a surprise , when I took the lid off the box . I didn't expect to see any of the items
    in side . very lucky !
    ss