Standard "spike" shot tubes/air bombs, and their effects

Discussion in 'Fireworks Nostalgia, Collectables And History' started by e_pinniger, Nov 19, 2018.

1. that's good ...lol

TerenceFawkes likes this.
  2. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

I never fully appreciated the classic Standard selection boxes until recently.
    Thanks Tony B & JayT for educating me. Now I can join in with this stuff a bit.. IMG_5408.JPG IMG_5409.JPG

3. BarnOwl

BarnOwl Supports UKFR

second picture posted wrong way round (from phone), but still I'm sure we get the idea. ha

Sparkler likes this.
  4. I hate standing on my head ! don't believe tony b , he is a crook ! and a brocks collector , not that you would think so , with all that
    lovely standard gear he has .

BarnOwl likes this.
  5. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

man who calls himself Standard Steve yet has Lion, Brocks , Wessex and Pains stashed away should be careful where he strikes lighted match to find his way in the dark...........

standard steve likes this.
  6. TONYB

TONYB Supports UKFR

can we vote a new name for steve from the following options
    1) Lion steve
    2) Brocks steve
    3) wessex steve
    4) pains steve
    5) Amalgamated steve

standard steve likes this.
  7. you've missed , wallop steve . lol .
    funny you've mentioned matches in the dark , weve had two power cuts in the last week , ( yes the bills where paid )

fozzboy likes this.
  8. Escht

Escht Supports UKFR

think Rainbow Steve would annoy you even more !

9. your right kevin, cant do with any of that carry on ! lol .

10. Pyro Ed

Pyro Ed Pro Firer/Crew

All this thread is doing is making me want to buy more BT :) :)

11. I remember one oddity which I always thought should not have had a spike - it was the "big" Size 2.5 Standard Traffic Light (not the much more common smaller Size 1.5 box item), which IIRC came with a black spike? (Crikey it was over 40 years ago lol).

I even remember at the time thinking, "what business has a nice old fountain like a Traffic Light got having a ground spike?" :D

12. Sparkler

Sparkler Supports UKFR

13. Heh!!! Amazing!
    Thanks very much, lovely to see that again! :cool: