Starting early...

Discussion in 'Fireworks Forum Chat And Discussion' started by GTRpyro, Mar 16, 2019.

1. GTRpyro

GTRpyro Supports UKFR

Last night marked 2 years since the passing of my father, who ignited my passion for pyro. Of course, I let 2 180g rockets off so he could heard and see we'd not forgotten. Drove all the way up to Sheffield from Leics today for a trip to Meadow'hell' and snook into Jimmys Fireworks (Epic) with the mum on board, so I had to behave :oops:.

Only stopped to have a word about FOI requests and to actually see the place other than through their website. Fantastic staff, and a lovely conversation with Jimmy himself. Next thing you know I blacked out and found myself with 4x sky thrillers and a gold willow 50 shot fan cake under my arm for BFN :rolleyes:. Best thing is it was my mother who said 'oohh these sky thrillers look good, how many we getting' :eek::eek:.

Best to start early just in case we need to stock up or mark the end of an era of consumer pyro ;).

Let's se what you've all got for 2019...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. GTRpyro

GTRpyro Supports UKFR

3. Pyro Pete

Pyro Pete Forum Editor

Nice gesture @GTRpyro.

Definitely take your mum more often :)

GTRpyro likes this.
  4. GTRpyro

GTRpyro Supports UKFR

Only occasionally. I don't think she would appreciate watching me pay for the main stash :oops:. May have to build it up slowly over the year ;)

5. hofnerite

hofnerite UKFR Stash Photo 2018 Winner! Supports UKFR

Because of the demise of Kimbolton I thought I'd better stock up on some mines as no other importer seems interested in importing true mines any more. :(
    Problem is, like my stash of Sovereign mines the question is do I fire or keep? :rolleyes:
    IMAG0240.jpg

Pyro Ed, Joe Ciabatti, paul s and 7 others like this.
  6. scoops

scoops Pro Firer/Crew

No debate mate, fire!

Daveandkate, Krony and hofnerite like this.
  7. hofnerite

Thought you might say that! :p

8. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

I presume Mexican Wave is nothing like the late, great Mexican Fiesta?

GTRpyro likes this.
  9. hofnerite

No it's a cheap little mine cake. Not even as good as Angel Dust but it's a nice filler for just over a fiver.

10. paul s

paul s Supports UKFR

Cool for a fiver.....

11. I used two together last year, with the music it was quite magical and comical at the same time, almost like a tennis match with fireworks lol.

hofnerite and scoops like this.
  12. deans6571

deans6571 Supports UKFR

...any sponsors stocking this one this year?

13. Brother's Angel Dust or Kimbolton's Mexican Wave? In any case @Blackpool Fireworks stock both.

deans6571 likes this.